Turn Ten Racing, Inc. and D&D Cobra of Quebec
Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Turn Ten Racing and D&D Cobra
User Name
Password
Club Cobra Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 10-31-2006, 11:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
I contributed to CC in 2006
I have in the past contributed to CC

Send a message via AIM to mj_duell
Default Interesting News, The New EVO 6

Interesting News, The New EVO 6

Hi Everyone,
As more of a true hot rod shop than a mass producing factory, D&D Cobra is constantly innovating and evolving its product line. Recently Don and I have been discussing the EVO 4 (Street Version) replica and what the next rendition of the roller should include and how it should be priced. D&D likes to continually upgrade and change their offerings so they can stay up with current technology and build a consistently high quality product. Our current EVO 4 chassis is great and the design is tested and sells pretty well especially in Canada. This frame is a square tube ladder type frame and allows for plenty of leg and trunk room. We decided to take the current car and make it even better. First change is the main rails have been redesigned with 4 inch round tube giving it a more “original” look. This of course will be finished in the same high quality powder coat as our other cars. We have also updated the outriggers to round tube as well. The frame is set-up for IRS only and a complete IRS is installed brake to brake. This allows us to have one of the largest trunks in the industry, perfect for daily use. The tubular upper control arms have been replaced with our billet adjustable arms as a standard offering as well. This is great from both a looks and performance aspect and is a wonderful “Freebie”. The brakes will be our standard Ford units with cross-drilled disks. There will be performance upgrades such as sway bars or large brake packages as well. The rest of the EVO 6 roller will be supplied in the same fashion as the EVO 4 with the exception of the headers and side exhaust which must be ordered separately. We have also worked out the numbers on this car and believe we wish to come in a little more competitively on this one. It will be offered as a base rolling kit for around $14,000.00 with everything listed above. There will also be a “Plus” package which includes almost everything you need to finish the car minus, paint, engine, transmission, etc. Turnkey minus is available starting around $28,000. We have also discussed a removable hard top. I will have pictures of the complete frame very soon.

That’s all for now,

Mike / Turn Ten Racing, Inc.

Last edited by mj_duell; 12-30-2006 at 11:17 AM..
Old 11-01-2006, 09:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Interesting...
Old 11-01-2006, 12:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: Arntz Cobra

Mike,

Nice website! Your car are impressive and I like the detail on the suspension pieces. I also like the nose cutouts on the yellow/blue car. Very reminisant of the Ferrari GTO. It looks like one of the cars on your site is set up for racing. Have you had any success in vintage or Run and Gun type events?

Paul
Old 11-01-2006, 12:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by RallySnake
Mike,

Nice website! Your car are impressive and I like the detail on the suspension pieces. I also like the nose cutouts on the yellow/blue car. Very reminisant of the Ferrari GTO. It looks like one of the cars on your site is set up for racing. Have you had any success in vintage or Run and Gun type events?

Paul
Hi Paul,
Thanks, we like to build interesting cars. The blue and yellow car is our display demonstrator which will go to the London and Carlise shows next year and hopefully a few others. That car has an EVO 5 chassis underneath and a custom built 4.6 DOHC with a stack injection system. The EVO 5 is our racing frame designed to be ridged and light and has many high performance options to choose from. We haven't done any racing up until now, but we will have cars going to open track events in the North East next summer, mainly at Watkins Glen.

--Mike / Turn Ten Racing, Inc.

Last edited by mj_duell; 11-04-2006 at 05:45 AM..
Old 11-02-2006, 11:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Default EVO 6 First Spy shot from Quebec.

First Spy shot from Quebec. You can see it borrows the front suspension set-up from the EVO 5. Its going to look great with the standard billet uppers. It will have a higher level of performance and still retain the ample space provided by the EVO 4 body and cockpit.

Old 11-10-2006, 06:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Another Spy shot of the EVO 6 development. Don says the car will be set-up with pin drive offset directly from the shop and come complete with IRS. This will make it easy to run knock-offs and at under $14,000 for the base roller, a fantastic deal. Also, this will be a frame with a lighter final wieght than the EVO 5. More pictures coming soon. He has also adjusted the frame design in incorporate the front "Bird Cage" from the EVO 5 making this a great Street/Track combination.

Last edited by mj_duell; 11-11-2006 at 05:19 AM..
Old 11-11-2006, 04:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Next we will here there is a folding top with glass rear window that goes beneath a flip panel in the rear (like a Corvette)!
Old 11-11-2006, 05:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidNJ
Next we will here there is a folding top with glass rear window that goes beneath a flip panel in the rear (like a Corvette)!
We do like to keep innovating.

Old 11-12-2006, 07:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Question: In one of the threads it talked about aluminum upper and lower arms and spindles front and rear. The pick seems to show the Ford rear spindle. Will that be a new spindle in the future, fitting an aftermarket (Superlight or Dynalight) caliper directly?
Old 11-12-2006, 07:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidNJ
Question: In one of the threads it talked about aluminum upper and lower arms and spindles front and rear. The pick seems to show the Ford rear spindle. Will that be a new spindle in the future, fitting an aftermarket (Superlight or Dynalight) caliper directly?
Hi David,
The front will come stock with billet uppers only. The rest of the roller will be tube steel as with our other cars. However, we are currently waiting for billet front lowers, billet rear IRS uppers and lowers and some custom billet uprights to replace the spindles both front and rear to sell individually. These will be straight replacements for the Ford gear, so what ever fits the standard T-bird, Mustang spindles will also fit the new billet parts. The uprights will come in two off-sets, one for pin drive 3.5 backspace wheels and one for our stock off-set. These pieces will be sold separately or could be ordered with the roller. Keep in mind this will be our "Everything to Everyone" roller, the best of all worlds, cockpit and trunk space, beautiful parts, great performance and affordability. We even kept the round tube and “X” brace for the original guys.

Old 11-25-2006, 06:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: GT40 NZ & GT40NA

you got any new pics of the rear of the chassis yet???
Old 11-28-2006, 09:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Vanhollebeke
you got any new pics of the rear of the chassis yet???
Hi Alan,
I just contacted Don, he is sending more this week. I'll post them when they arrive.

Old 11-28-2006, 03:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: GT40 NZ & GT40NA

cool. I'll keep an eye out for the new stuff.
Old 12-07-2006, 03:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

O.K. Just got few more pictures in from Don. He has been very busy with a ton of custom parts he is developing and continuing the current custom builds. The interest in the GT has taken some time from the EVO 6 but we will keep you informed of new developments. Here is a picture of the IRS development for the EVO 6.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: