View Single Post
Old 11-03-2006, 10:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427SC w/427so, ERA GT #2002
Not Ranked     

After about two years of research and writing, plus waiting for the process to edit and print it, my new book is on the shelves or Internet. Sorry to say, it's not on Small-block Fords, although a lot of Ford stuff is pictured. However, the publisher agreed on a generic pushrod racing engine book, so that's what I did. Worked out of a racing engine shop for two years. The book is called The Racing Engine Builder's Handbook. It includes a lot of math, clearance checking, discussion on materials and coatings plus basic machining, checking and assembly processes.

Now for my next book: My publisher and the guys at Ford--what few are left--have leaned on me to do a performance book on the 4.6/5.4 Modular Ford. As a result, I'm now working with a couple of engine builders who have a lot of experience with these engines. Once I'm done with this book, I will do a small-block performance book.

"If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough HORSEPOWER." Mark Donohue