View Single Post
Old 11-04-2006, 05:07 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance 156, ex Paxton 351, now a 392 Ford Racing Stroker
Not Ranked     

if you are using a clear mylar type of static cling material it too can discolor from the weather stripping. a common problem on 55-57 tbirds where the top weather strip rests on the paint of the rear body behind the cockpit when top is up- either hard top or soft top. some rubber seals have a unique make up that allows the oils fo the rubber to negatively interact with the paint , and bleeds thru turning the paint a grayish brown. i have used the clear type static cling lift off stuff on my 57 birds and have had them discolor too , but at least the static cling is removable when top is off- and reusable when top is back on. maybe the invinca-shield is a different make up and does not discolor but why take the chance for temporary usage. usually the invinca shield stays put , shows somewhat and i have seen some discolor over time just from sunlight - yellowing sort of . and i have seen some invinca shield LIFT THE PAINT off when it has been removed. your choice but for short term usage, ya dont want invinca shield. bill