View Single Post
Old 11-04-2006, 07:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via AIM to 54popular Send a message via Yahoo to 54popular
Not Ranked     
Default -=NEW=- SBF 289/302/351W Weber Crossram

Finally completed machining of the first articles and put a setup together. The -=WOW=- factor is definately a 10 in my eyes and I am very pleased with the finished assembly. The manifold was designed for the 289/302 small block engine but will also work on a 351W with the use of a one piece adapter plate made by Blue Thunder. In a few weeks I will be dyno testing the crossram with 48 DCOE's against a 48IDA downdraft setup in a HP/Torque comparison test on a built 347 stroker... and maybe just for fun I will also dyno another crossram with 58's just to see how it performed as well. The complete setup is right at the same overall height as an IDA setup at approximately 10.250" from the base to highest point. It does clear the Cobra valve covers which will allow you to run roller rockers and the clearance between carb to cover is small to keep the overall setup low enough for hood clearance. If you needed to adjust your rockers, the carbs would need to be removed to pull the valve cover off. I have incorporated a standard thermostat housing into the manifold so it can be used without the need of a water log. The first run of manifolds should be completed within 6-8 weeks. If you need to get in touch, feel free to call me at (310) 779-2837 or email to chris@vintagewebers.com

-- Chris.

Pricing:

Satin finish - $850
Polished finish - $1250

Last edited by 54popular; 11-08-2006 at 05:38 PM..