View Single Post
Old 11-24-2006, 11:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Beck Lister-Corvette
Not Ranked     
Default ProAutosports At Firebird This Weekend

Just spent a wonderful sunny Arizona day at Firebird today with the Lister, my son, and my son-in-law. Well it was mostly wonderful until I came around turn 3 in the last session of the day and was greeted by the blinding sun that had just peeked out of the clouds. Could not see a dang thing and totally blew turn 4! Thankfully it is a slow spot on the track and I was able to avoid any damage or injury, except for my ego. Wonder who will believe the lame old excuse that the "sun was in my eyes?"

Lots of nice cars on the track including several Cobras, a Daytona Coupe, a small cadre of Lotus Elise/Extige cars, a couple of Radicals, couple'o Z06 Vettes, a pretty quick old Porsche 911 Targa, a very nicely prepared Capri, and what I think was a pretty nice old Datsun 510. Not to mention the open wheel cars and other race classes as well. There was also a red Ford GT innocently sitting trackside that never joined the fun and the most action that I saw out of it was as it left for the day.

If you have time to participate or just drop by they are running the rest of the weekend. Next event is December 16.