View Single Post
Old 01-05-2007, 02:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC . 393 Dart alloy block Stroked 351 alloy heads ..all the goodies plus a pre oiler. al
Not Ranked     
Default NSW RTA legal extortion....?

I've got a little bee in my bonnet,or.. a click in the drive train....
Last year I spotted a current number plate ASP *** and thought that would be nice on my Cobra....ASP 427. So I enquired and found that they were available. I got pro-rata on the old plates and the cost was $63.00. OK thats fine. Then I'm told that it's $100.00 every year after that ! WHAT FOR ?
I asked the nice lady behind the desk wether I have to make an appointment for the number plate technician to come around every six months to polish the plates or does he just throw away his parking cop hat and polish the plate whenever he sees it. The nice lady just laughed !
How can the RTA (spell check says rat) justify this charge ? My plates were current run and standard white with black border. These charges go up to the thousands of $ per year for special order jobbies. maybe the crims get a kick back..if they do they would leave jail in a limo !
Not much peeves me but this even makes my goat cranky.
What's your thoughts ?
The RTA doesn't miss out in other depts either...I recently retired my 27 year old 200b sx and cashed in about six months rego. I had to wait a month or two for the cheque because the RTA lets all the claims build up so they can be processed more cheaply. $61 bucks refund minus $20 bucks cancellation fee !............................try and win !