Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 01-05-2007, 02:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC . 393 Dart alloy block Stroked 351 alloy heads ..all the goodies plus a pre oiler. al
Not Ranked     
Default NSW RTA legal extortion....?

I've got a little bee in my bonnet,or.. a click in the drive train....
Last year I spotted a current number plate ASP *** and thought that would be nice on my Cobra....ASP 427. So I enquired and found that they were available. I got pro-rata on the old plates and the cost was $63.00. OK thats fine. Then I'm told that it's $100.00 every year after that ! WHAT FOR ?
I asked the nice lady behind the desk wether I have to make an appointment for the number plate technician to come around every six months to polish the plates or does he just throw away his parking cop hat and polish the plate whenever he sees it. The nice lady just laughed !
How can the RTA (spell check says rat) justify this charge ? My plates were current run and standard white with black border. These charges go up to the thousands of $ per year for special order jobbies. maybe the crims get a kick back..if they do they would leave jail in a limo !
Not much peeves me but this even makes my goat cranky.
What's your thoughts ?
The RTA doesn't miss out in other depts either...I recently retired my 27 year old 200b sx and cashed in about six months rego. I had to wait a month or two for the cheque because the RTA lets all the claims build up so they can be processed more cheaply. $61 bucks refund minus $20 bucks cancellation fee !............................try and win !
Old 01-05-2007, 10:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Homebush. Lexus quad cam V8, R154 Supra box. Oh what a feeling.
Not Ranked     

Another case of NSW Government legalised theft.

Proud member of the Bclub Central Coast chapter
Old 01-06-2007, 12:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival, LS1, T56.
Not Ranked     

Mate, i hate them as well. I do know that they now charge a content fee for ANY combination asked for, whether standard issue or not. Try running a truck that is registered in NSW....

My road use levy for a farm truck that does about 10000km per year (mostly on farm) is about $2500.

Thieves. Try voting them out next election.
Old 01-06-2007, 11:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: King Cobra, QLD - 347 windsor
Not Ranked     
Default What the??

That sux....

In the Territory, about $150, up to seven letters and no further cost.

I'll hate them for you as well. I put them right up there with major banks and dog catchers.

Regards
Hogster
Old 01-07-2007, 02:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     

Sth. Australia has a once of charge for the plate.... then they charge annually for the keeping it.
KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026
Old 01-09-2007, 02:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Now built a race cobra.
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Queensland

Up here its pay once and it yours forever prices start at $295 and go up to $2200 aprox for fully personal.
i guess its not too bad up here though NT has the best with 7 digits for $150 .
oz
Old 01-09-2007, 04:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     

Yes Victoria is the same the plate on my car has eight digits and it was a once off payment.

Not to bad here...

And the A model had the letters and four digits also under $200 at the time - once off....

KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026

Last edited by BMK; 01-09-2007 at 04:59 AM..
Old 01-09-2007, 06:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Homebush fibreglass body and chassis, running stage2 302 cleveland on LPG.
Not Ranked     

Hi Rob ,yeh its a bit rich having to pay yearly for these plates. Hey how come u can get 427, when I tried it was gone or not available. THATS NOT FAIR!!!!!! Any way back to my coment, the plates I want for my mustang will set me back 460 per year if I'm silly enough to order them. That would take my rego up over $1000. Luv my cars but not that much LOL.
Fran

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: