Thread: Horn Problems
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2007, 06:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Horn Problems

Hi Everyone:Well i tried for 3 hrs to figure out why my horn wont work. When i touch the wire coming out of the horn cam from steering column to the threaded center rod where the steering Wheel gets threaded on, the horn wont go off. I dont get it. When i connect a test light to that wire and touch the cowl the horn goes off. With the light still attached to the cowl i touch the test light to the column conector (GM IDIDIT) on the column side it goes off and on the panel side it goes off so i know the the connector is together. So i go to the panel (American Autowire Highway 22 kit) and put the test light on the Horn Switch screw where the wire is attached from the column and the horn goes off. So now I attached the yellow wire from the horn cam to the horn button. The Horn button has 3 spring type wires coming out of the sides to press against the inside of the hub to hold it on and ground i am thinking. So i attached the test light to one of the springs, the other end to the cowl and pressed the button. The horn went off.
So i am thinking that the horn switch wire (Ground) isn't grounded in the panel some how. Or the Horn relay attached to the panel might be faulty.
I dont know. What do you guys think.

Thanks
Automan--