View Single Post
Old 04-20-2007, 05:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Antique & Collectable 302, C-4,Ford 9 inch
Not Ranked     

First I would like to commend you on such a resourceful question. I wish I had have thought to post this question before I built mine. Because some parts from A&C I did not like. I think it depends on your skill level. I ordered:

Basic Kit
Rolling chassis parts
gas tank
headers and exhaust
Gel Coat
Posi rearend
Radiator
roll bar

Gas tank is 15 gallons, sort of small, but you can not see it sticking out from under the rear like other kits. i like it.

It took me a weekend to install the rolling chassis parts and it saved me $500. This can be difficult, but I had experienced help when I built the chasssis, it helps to have spring compressors.

I wish I had not ordered the radiator, there are better ones out there. I also used carpet from a local installer. Steering, rims, bumpers, and wiring harness from other sources. I think you can save some money if you buy some of these things form other sources.

There might be better sources for the headers and exhaust, I just did not have the experience or sources.

The gauges are okay they are Stewart Warner. But the instructions suck, that come from Stewart Warner. Not that gauges are that hard to install, but the instructions are pretty useless. Sonny may give you a discount if you ask not to include some items that come in the basic kit. Good luck with your build. Hope to see some pictures when you get started. I think that you will find this forum helpful, it was for me. I am a real neophyte when it comes to automotive building. Took me over two years to build my kit, I was very inexperienced. I posted a bunch of questions here at the forum, there are many talented mechanics and craftsman here willing to share and it helped me immensely. Roscoe was one of the frequent contributers. Check out the pictures and postings in the A & C forum, i bet it will help.

Regards,

Last edited by jerry w; 04-20-2007 at 05:26 PM..