View Single Post
Old 04-23-2007, 11:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Congrats on your choice for AC. It will be two years this July since i bought mine and i tell you, no regrets. I bought the kit valued at under 11000 us. The kit comes with so much that you will be surprized. You will find though that you will need the whole kit within a certiain amount of time to get to the stage of mounting the body on the car. Reason is that the Footbox (pedal box) comes with the last stage of the kit.
My body was just black because i planned on painting it. Thats one regret. Now i am going to drive it for a couple of years first before painting it to just make sure that no new stress cracks show up. The black looks ok but there are scratches from the build so far and many imperfection on the body (very little ones). Joe is awsome with Tech help so no worries.
The items that i bought outside the kit and not from AC were
Rad, rack and pinion, rear gears,rear drums brake and rear assemblies, fr brakes,front spindles, Steering column, steering yokes and DD shaft, lots of stuff from cobra accesories (finishline). The electrical kit i bought from AC but you can buy it cheaper else where. Pipes and headers i got from AC and thier great and the price is comparable. Watch out for the taillights and flashers from AC. I still had to get theses little connectors that attach the wires. When you pick up the lights, if they have wires coming out the ends then they are ok. But if not ask if he has ones with wires or the little connectors themselfs. Driverside door is a little thinner then the passengers side door. I installed the hinges on the passengers side first and then on the first driverside door i punched through.
Awsome kit. Hope to have mine on the road by June 17 for a small home style car show.

Good luck.
Automan