View Single Post
Old 04-30-2007, 08:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF cobra, 427, 2x4's, 550 h.p.
Not Ranked     
Default Need Some Opions On Brakes!!

i am rebuilding an older NAF car. the guy who built it originally was not exactly a cracker jack when it came to mechanics. he used a set of neil pedals and master cylinders, both of which were the wrong size bore and both much to small for the car. and to boot, he had the smallest bore on the front brakes. oh well, that's why i am rebuilding. my question to all the experts with more experience in this than me is, what type of master cylinder system do you prefer? the balance bar set up with 2 masters for the brakes and one for the clutch , or a domestic type master cylinder and hydraulic clutch? i had thought of going with a power assist set up, but if i didn't. what recommendatuons would you make? i appreciate any help and information i can get. all opinions welcome. i have always gotten some great help from all the guys in this cobra club in the past...thanks . you can email me at tchrome@aol.com or post here. thanks again

tony