Old 05-26-2007, 05:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX4000, 427
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight
this motor dyno'ed at 323 rwhp & 375 rwtq

Question: why the big different is tq & hp? What controls the rpm range of hp & tq? What would it take to get 375 HP & Tq?
Like other people have said before, your combination ( intake, heads, cam, exhaust) does not appear to make alot of torque at higher rpm, and the torque drops off faster than the rpm increases causing an overall decrease in hp as rpm increases at higher rpms where you need to make good torque to have impressive hp numbers.

I would say take it to an accomplished SBF engine builder that has a dyno, and let him give you some suggestions about what changes could be made.

Here is a chassis dyno of my engine, 427 SO, high-riser heads which have much bigger ports than yours, single four dual plane intake, 2" headers. I'm also running a bigger cam, duration 240, 245 or something like that, .670 lift. You see my torque begins to fall off as well, although not at the same rate as yours, with HP still creeping up at 5900 rpms.

"After jumping into an early lead, Miles pitted for no reason. He let the entire field go by before re-entering the race. The crowd was jumping up and down as he stunned the Chevrolet drivers by easily passing the entire field to finish second behind MacDonald's other team Cobra. The Corvette people were completely demoralized."