View Single Post
Old 06-30-2007, 09:13 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 428 FE 4-speed CR "TL" heavy spline
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 427 S/O
Thanks Capell, I'm pi$$ed at myself for not knowing more about what the heck is going on up there. I will send that to my Senators and ask they not vote for it or, explain why they would even consider it.
You are welcome - La Raza already gets buck from various states, but now they are going for the big federal bucks!

State Cost Description Status Appropriation Fiscal Year

DC $500,000 National Council of La Raza for assessment guidelines for limited English students & to expand professional development academics (Fund for the Improvement of Education - Department of Education) NBR, C LABHHS 2004
DC $500,000 National Council of La Raza to provide technical assistance on Hispanic workforce issues including capacity building, language barriers, and health care job training (ETA) NBR, C LABHHS 2005
DC $1,000,000 National Council of La Raza, Washington, to develop assessment guidelines for limited English proficient students (Fund for the Improvement of Education - Department of Education) NBR, C LABHHS 2003
$175,000 National Council of La Raza to provide technical and financial assistance to community development efforts through its Hope Fund (Economic Development Initiative) NBR, C VAHUD 2001

WA $500,000 Acquisition of the Beacon Hill School for El Centro de la Raza in Seattle (Economic Development Initiative) NBR, C VAHUD 2001
$1,700,000 Office of Minority Health, National Council of La Raza, minority health research and outreach (General Departmental Management - Office of the Secretary) NBR, C LABHHS 2001
$2,000,000 National Council of La Raza to provide training and technical assistance to Hispanic communities [Education Research, Statistics and Improvement] (Education) NBR, C LABHHS 2000

CA $1,600,000 For the National Council of La Raza/Southwest voter Research Institute to establish and administer a Community Adjustment and Investment Technical Assistance Consortium NBR, C VAHUD 1995
______

From a web article:

Tens of millions of U.S. taxpayer dollars soon could be flowing into the National Council of La Raza, an organization that advocates for civil rights for Hispanics and has connections to groups that advocate the separation of several southwestern states from the rest of the nation.

The proposal has been made by U.S. Rep. Ruben Hinojosa, and it would give the organization that describes itself as "the largest national Hispanic civil rights and advocacy organization in the United States – [working] to improve opportunities for Hispanic Americans" $5 million annually starting in 2008, with the funding to double the next year and then continue at that level "for each fiscal year thereafter."

As WND reported earlier, La Raza was condemned last year by Rep. Charles Norwood, R-Ga., as a radical "pro-illegal immigration lobbying organization that supports racist groups calling for the secession of the western United States as a Hispanic-only homeland."

Norwood has called on La Raza to renounce its support of the Movimiento Estudiantil Chicano de Aztlan – which sees "The Race" as part of an ethnic group that one day will reclaim Aztlan, the mythical birthplace of the Aztecs. In Chicano folklore, Aztlan includes California, Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico and parts of Colorado and Texas.

The new plan, H.R. 1999, was introduced in April and already has been referred to a committee for action.
______

Are we a bunch of suckers, or what?