14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-29-2007, 04:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 427SO with big twin autolite inlines on custom intake, jag rear, top loader, wembeldon white, guardsmen blue stripes
Not Ranked     
Default Keep up the pressure on immigration.....

Thank goodness, the people have spoken and gave a big 'no' to the immigration bill. Yesterday Michael Chertoff said he would resume building the fence, hire more border patrol agents, use the national guard and get tough with those who hire illegals. This should have been a work in progress?.

I've said before and understand we need these workers but, we need to identify who they are, deport the criminals and insist the remaining work under strict regulations. The government knows who I am!, how much I make!, If I have a criminal record and where I live. I expect they know nothing less from immigrants.

Now that we have their attention, it's important we keep up the pressure and demand they do the right thing......immediately.

Remember!, there's a huge difference between a 'parts' changer, and a mechanic.
Old 06-29-2007, 05:23 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Perry,

I agree and only a mass mailing and phone call program to our so called representatives will have any effect. Now that we have finally gotten their attention, it is even more important that they keep receiving more complaints and demands to do what is good for this country and it's citizens instead of what is best for them. I also remind my representatives when I e-mail or call them that even with all of their connections and power, the people are getting angry enough that they can be removed from their cushy jobs.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 06-29-2007, 05:39 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster 351W, T5, Red & White
Not Ranked     

In case anyone had not viewed the CC Thread:

" Press One for English "
Old 06-29-2007, 01:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 427SO with big twin autolite inlines on custom intake, jag rear, top loader, wembeldon white, guardsmen blue stripes
Not Ranked     

'Angry' is absolutely correct, Funny you mentioned that Ron, I emailed Sen. Saxby Chambliss (GA) and Sen. Johnny Isakson (GA) and said, if that bill passes, it will end the career of many politicians.

I've found that actually writing a 'letter' gets more attention than anything else!. Whatever works for you guys, hammer'em...

Old 06-29-2007, 05:49 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 428 FE 4-speed CR "TL" heavy spline
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 427 S/O
Thank goodness, the people have spoken and gave a big 'no' to the immigration bill. Yesterday Michael Chertoff said he would resume building the fence, hire more border patrol agents, use the national guard and get tough with those who hire illegals. This should have been a work in progress?.

I've said before and understand we need these workers but, we need to identify who they are, deport the criminals and insist the remaining work under strict regulations. The government knows who I am!, how much I make!, If I have a criminal record and where I live. I expect they know nothing less from immigrants.

Now that we have their attention, it's important we keep up the pressure and demand they do the right thing......immediately.
Just to support your position, take a look at this bill that will be considered in the House very soon:

Hope Fund Act of 2007 (Introduced in House)

HR 1999 IH

110th CONGRESS

1st Session

H. R. 1999

To authorize appropriations for assistance for the National Council of La Raza and the Raza Development Fund.

IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

April 23, 2007

Mr. HINOJOSA (for himself and Mr. RENZI) introduced the following bill; which was referred to the Committee on Financial Services

A BILL

To authorize appropriations for assistance for the National Council of La Raza and the Raza Development Fund.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,

SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.

This Act may be cited as the `Hope Fund Act of 2007'.

SEC. 2. ASSISTANCE FOR NATIONAL COUNCIL OF LA RAZA AND RAZA DEVELOPMENT FUND.

(a) Use- The Secretary of Housing and Urban Development shall, to the extent amounts are made available pursuant to subsection (b), make a grant to the National Council of La Raza for the purpose of providing technical and financial assistance to local non-profit organizations to undertake community development and affordable housing projects and programs serving low- and moderate-income households, particularly through organizations located in neighborhoods with substantial populations of income-disadvantaged households of Hispanic origin. Assistance provided by the Secretary under this section may be used by the National Council of La Raza or the Raza Development Fund to--

(1) provide technical and financial assistance for site acquisition and development, construction financing, and short- and long-term financing for housing, community facilities, and economic development;

(2) leverage capital from private entities, including private financial institutions, insurance companies, and private philanthropic organizations;

(3) provide technical assistance, training, support, and advice to develop the management, financial, and administrative capabilities of housing development organizations serving low-income households, including Hispanic households; and

(4) conduct such other activities as may be determined by the Secretary and the National Council of La Raza .

(b) Authorization of Appropriations- There is authorized to be appropriated for grants under this section--

(1) $5,000,000 for fiscal year 2008; and

(2) $10,000,000 for each fiscal year thereafter.
_____

Subsidize La Raza? Might as well subsidize the KGB. They are our declared enemies.
Old 06-29-2007, 06:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I wrote both of my reps about 3 times each. I also encouraged them to work harder to stop the illegal immigration and deport those already in this country.
Old 06-29-2007, 08:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks Capell, I'm pi$$ed at myself for not knowing more about what the heck is going on up there. I will send that to my Senators and ask they not vote for it or, explain why they would even consider it.

Old 06-30-2007, 09:13 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 428 FE 4-speed CR "TL" heavy spline
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 427 S/O
Thanks Capell, I'm pi$$ed at myself for not knowing more about what the heck is going on up there. I will send that to my Senators and ask they not vote for it or, explain why they would even consider it.
You are welcome - La Raza already gets buck from various states, but now they are going for the big federal bucks!

State Cost Description Status Appropriation Fiscal Year

DC $500,000 National Council of La Raza for assessment guidelines for limited English students & to expand professional development academics (Fund for the Improvement of Education - Department of Education) NBR, C LABHHS 2004
DC $500,000 National Council of La Raza to provide technical assistance on Hispanic workforce issues including capacity building, language barriers, and health care job training (ETA) NBR, C LABHHS 2005
DC $1,000,000 National Council of La Raza, Washington, to develop assessment guidelines for limited English proficient students (Fund for the Improvement of Education - Department of Education) NBR, C LABHHS 2003
$175,000 National Council of La Raza to provide technical and financial assistance to community development efforts through its Hope Fund (Economic Development Initiative) NBR, C VAHUD 2001

WA $500,000 Acquisition of the Beacon Hill School for El Centro de la Raza in Seattle (Economic Development Initiative) NBR, C VAHUD 2001
$1,700,000 Office of Minority Health, National Council of La Raza, minority health research and outreach (General Departmental Management - Office of the Secretary) NBR, C LABHHS 2001
$2,000,000 National Council of La Raza to provide training and technical assistance to Hispanic communities [Education Research, Statistics and Improvement] (Education) NBR, C LABHHS 2000

CA $1,600,000 For the National Council of La Raza/Southwest voter Research Institute to establish and administer a Community Adjustment and Investment Technical Assistance Consortium NBR, C VAHUD 1995
______

From a web article:

Tens of millions of U.S. taxpayer dollars soon could be flowing into the National Council of La Raza, an organization that advocates for civil rights for Hispanics and has connections to groups that advocate the separation of several southwestern states from the rest of the nation.

The proposal has been made by U.S. Rep. Ruben Hinojosa, and it would give the organization that describes itself as "the largest national Hispanic civil rights and advocacy organization in the United States – [working] to improve opportunities for Hispanic Americans" $5 million annually starting in 2008, with the funding to double the next year and then continue at that level "for each fiscal year thereafter."

As WND reported earlier, La Raza was condemned last year by Rep. Charles Norwood, R-Ga., as a radical "pro-illegal immigration lobbying organization that supports racist groups calling for the secession of the western United States as a Hispanic-only homeland."

Norwood has called on La Raza to renounce its support of the Movimiento Estudiantil Chicano de Aztlan – which sees "The Race" as part of an ethnic group that one day will reclaim Aztlan, the mythical birthplace of the Aztecs. In Chicano folklore, Aztlan includes California, Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico and parts of Colorado and Texas.

The new plan, H.R. 1999, was introduced in April and already has been referred to a committee for action.
______

Are we a bunch of suckers, or what?
Old 06-30-2007, 11:46 AM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

Take a look at the list of phuks who get money from Legal Services Corp. (federal corporation...your tax dollars).
Old 07-01-2007, 12:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     

Mmmm why do I wonder if some of the elected representives have the pool cleanned or lawns and gardens done by some of these illegal imigrants...
KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026