View Single Post
Old 07-14-2007, 09:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
I have in the past contributed to CC

Cobra Make & Engine: Midstates Cobra, RFGT40
Smile

Dwight,
Bill is right about the trailer. There are pictures of it in my gallery. That trailer is very comfortable. It has AC and a DVD player inside. The sleeping area is 48"X 84". Hauls a bunch.
There is a bunch of room in a forty less a trailer. Me and Bernie Knight traveled to the LCS from Phoenix and Back with our bags and several other items. I can't say much about the other brands of GT but the old RF I have has several spots to carry luggage. Under the front nostril we could fit two gym style bags. In the side door panels we could carry anything the size of a shaving kit. Also the are little compartments behind the tailights that hold quite a bit too. I carry my car cleaning items in there such as wax, rags, and spray bottles. I'm sure if your buddy was serious he would get creative just as we all do that own a GT. I've said it a thousand times and I mean it. The GT is the most fun car I have ever owned and I've owned a few.
Doc is right about the Coupe having more room for luggage. I do however must say that I personally had a very hard time climbing into that car. My wife liked to die laughing while she watched me contort myself to fit in. I never heard that woman laugh that hard before. I was kinda pissed when I managed to get out. She even laughed harder as I squirmed about getting out. But A guy built like me that weighs 250 lbs should not be getting into that type of car.
I wish all you guys that want or plan to buy one will try them out first. If I'm near anyone who wants to come and try out mine they are more than welcome to drive her around and see. At least you will have some idea as to how these cars feel on the road regardless of manufacturer.

Hersh