View Single Post
Old 07-29-2007, 05:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobra Fibercraft Bodies 427 S/C, 351W disguised as a 427.
Send a message via AIM to SuperHart
Not Ranked     

If we all just cut past the crap, the reason I originally posted this article was to let ANYONE who uses stamped steel FE valve covers, which are notorious for leaking, know that I had found a great set of gaskets that sealed perfectly and let others know where to get a set if they needed one. Any mention of using FE covers on an adapter for a small block motor was coincidental because that is how I personally used the product. I never intended this thread to be taken over by those who wish to argue what is or is not a small block motor and who does what to whom or the morality of using a FE part on a small block motor.

The only purpose any FE modeled products that fit the small block motor serve is to give Cobra builders and owners more options to make their car exactly what pleases them. This doesn't mean that anyone is out to FOOL anyone else. Whether it be my adapters, a Price Motorsports dual quad intake, a Superformance expansion tank or S&H air cleaners it's only a matter of preference in appearance, nothing more. In the end, it could be said that anyone who builds and drives a Cobra replica is trying to fool someone and I would find that extremely difficult to believe.
Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."