View Single Post
Old 08-13-2007, 09:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rat Rod Racer, LS1 & T56
Not Ranked     

I ran into much the same problem as you. My rack ends hit on the lower control arm at full droop before I reached full steering lock. The other thing to be mindful of is at full droop the ball joint on the end of the rack is pushed past its max angle and the steering arm is starting to bend. This may vary depending on the length of the shocks you use but I have the standard AVOs that Ian supplied.

Don't use my setup as an example of a stock setup as I've changed my steering to heim joints and mounted them on top of the steering arms. This was to improve the bump steer and to give more clearance for wider front rims. I can probably squeese a 17x9" rim on the front now. The Arms still They still hit now but not as bad. It also cured the max angle on the ball joint problem.

I looked at a couple of solutions. One was to machine up a couple of spacers for inside the rack to limit the total travel (I may still do this). The other option is to build some tubular lower control arms that dont bow out as much as the Jag ones. I like this idea as I would like to improve the turning circle for parking and general maneuvering.

Cheers

Last edited by Aussie Mike; 08-13-2007 at 09:31 PM..