View Single Post
Old 08-24-2007, 06:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force Mk I, 5L Windsor, TKO 600, enhanced Jag / Koni suspension & LSD Diff.
Not Ranked     

Hogster

I literally modified the width of my MX5 seats but as the G Force floor is raised around the edge and the rear attachment of the runners is located on this ledge I have too much clearance. I will be investigating post rego. how I can reduce the height!

Given the ease I had narrowing my seats i reckon you should consider simply lopping part of that buldge off.

This will loose you padding depth under your butt however I don't think it would be too hard to replace the sheet steel you cut off with something similar but flat. This could be spot welded or even rivetted back in place.

I had my pan spot welded on either side of the narrowing joint and then took the opportunity to spray the whole pan to eliminate the issue of rusting. Mine had surface rust when I got it - a common complaint for these seats -and I had come accross at least one pan in my earlier search that had rusted out!

I think there are some pics. in my gallery of the seat mods. I did but if not I can forward you some pics. if you like. It's not what you are looking to do but you will be able to see the bare pan. I should have said that the pan foam is one piece and just sits in place and can be removed.

Cheers