View Single Post
Old 09-14-2007, 06:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR MK IV, 460 SCJ
Not Ranked     
Smile Can't wait for my JBL

I am new to the JBL forum but have enjoyed reading the few posts that were listed over the past few years. Richard’s comments have been particularly enjoyable and informative and add to my confidence in the JBL product.

As of this writing, Larry Goins is building a touring version for me and will drop in a 460 SCJ. My investigation over the past year of the Cobra replica world has provided much valued information about chassis design, suspension, engines, body styles, etc. The arguments for originality had me hooked at first, until I looked closer at the chassis’s being offered. It became very apparent, in a short period of time, that most offerings fell way short of my requirements for safety, torsional strength, and performance (No, I am not an expert in any of these mentioned areas, just picky).

The chassis research kept taking me back to JBL, but I had one problem; would I be an outcast if I selected a non-original body design? Would Carroll Shelby come to my garage and belittle me for my poor and misguided decision? What sold me was seeing the JBL in person and going for several rides in the competition and touring versions (I still think it should be called the “Street Competition”; the Touring version soooo…. under states this car!).

Dave arranged a ride for me in Chuck’s Competition Cobra in Fallbrook and Larry had both models in his shop when I visited Montana a couple of times. Let me just say, this car is just too cool to describe. My only regret is I don’t have the funds to buy the competition model, but I am not concerned in the least at being disappointed with the touring version. My research tells me it meets my requirements better than anything else I have seen (No, I haven’t researched every Cobra builder out there, but most all the majors).

Now, all I have to do is control my anxiety until December. Then I’ll be a true member of the JBL and Cobra world. What a select group!

Thanks for helping me make a dream come true!

Mark Jesperson
Orem, Utah