View Single Post
Old 11-04-2007, 05:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default It's about time for the Dick Smith Book

To the Smith brothers and the FFR gang. It's about time to startwriting the Dick Smith book. While I don't own a FFR car, It was an honor to talk and listen to the many story's he had about the cobra racing years. I like the special rims the best. He was the best Ambassator for your company you could want. Great info, super racer, class act second to none. It's too bad that C.S. doesn't have half the class or qualititys Dick had. If I had not gotten the ERA before you guys came to market, I would have maybe gone with s FFR car. I know the book will not be a best seller but to the Cobra guys as a privateer he was the man. I know that Whiley and Joe B. are up in years and before they go to the racing world with Dick I am sure they would have some great stories also. His life saving of flying organs to hospitals. A Major in the military, multi bussinesses he ran, and found time for grape growing and maken wine. If I was a little closer to Cali, and had more contact with you guys and Heather I would do this myself, I don't have the writing skills anywhere near the Smith brother who has writen storys. It's time guys, please start this. Even if we get the info down on tape or disc. There are hundreds of pictures of him and the car, both early years and even last year at VIR. I think Heather would like this. The lose of her husband and son, this would be a nice thing to do. Dick will always be in my thoughts next to my Dad. I am damn proud to have known him.