Club Cobra Keith Craft Racing  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Factory Five Racing

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2007, 05:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default It's about time for the Dick Smith Book

To the Smith brothers and the FFR gang. It's about time to startwriting the Dick Smith book. While I don't own a FFR car, It was an honor to talk and listen to the many story's he had about the cobra racing years. I like the special rims the best. He was the best Ambassator for your company you could want. Great info, super racer, class act second to none. It's too bad that C.S. doesn't have half the class or qualititys Dick had. If I had not gotten the ERA before you guys came to market, I would have maybe gone with s FFR car. I know the book will not be a best seller but to the Cobra guys as a privateer he was the man. I know that Whiley and Joe B. are up in years and before they go to the racing world with Dick I am sure they would have some great stories also. His life saving of flying organs to hospitals. A Major in the military, multi bussinesses he ran, and found time for grape growing and maken wine. If I was a little closer to Cali, and had more contact with you guys and Heather I would do this myself, I don't have the writing skills anywhere near the Smith brother who has writen storys. It's time guys, please start this. Even if we get the info down on tape or disc. There are hundreds of pictures of him and the car, both early years and even last year at VIR. I think Heather would like this. The lose of her husband and son, this would be a nice thing to do. Dick will always be in my thoughts next to my Dad. I am damn proud to have known him.
Old 03-02-2008, 06:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Cobra Serial #1425, 2007 SHELBY MUSTANG GT500, 2000 Cobra R #15
Not Ranked     

I wrote a book.

Cost: $50,000.00 and 7 years.

Last 2 editing.

Sold: 12

The book industry is brutal.

If ur not Harry Potter, Trump, Oprah forget it.

Mike

Old 03-03-2008, 04:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Bad Subject Mike

VE4MM Mike I am not an author by anymeans. Looking at the cover of this book says quick scheme for being a millionaire. There are about 1,000.00 how to get rich. The other is flipping houses and the house market is in a slump. I sure the book has good reading. To much info on the front cover. Engineering is a boring subject in school. It also requires the best of minds to get into this field. It's a brutal field. Family are working at GE and building subs for the US at Groton. Ct. The Dick Smith book would not sell a million copies, I a guessing about the same or a little more than a CS book. Dick Smith touched 1,000's of people in our small Cobra world. He did the same in the Bail bonds world. Did the same in the military, Wine families, Fly medical transplant organs around the US in all kinds of weather. He was a combanation of John Wayne, AJ Foyt, Patton, and a little Foxworthy thrown in. If a cobra movie was ever made, He would be the main star. Did it the right way, the hard way, the clean way, and won in the end. I sent him a letter 2 christmas ago about how lucky he was, I cobra that was raced for 40+years and no major damage to the car or driver. The car got a new nose from some some dents. He won the trophy queen, (Heather) family life was great, buying a house in Ireland. Racing cobras, enjoying Flying with stepson. The fact that it was and honor to have known him, listen to his storys, had dinner with him at SAAC in VIR. He signed 2 pictures for me, and he was embarrassed about signing. He asked if I wanted to go for a ride in 198 and got busy and he next time. We where going to visit Heather and Dick last summer, have dinner and go for a ride. It didn't happen. I could n't attend the funeral because other half was in Europe on vacation to see the Pope. I needed to take care of the animals. The Smith Boys said years ago they where going to do a book about Dick. He was there Ambassador for FFR. You couldn't have wished for a better person. It's great they honor him with the building of the 198 car. I wish a had the money to buy one. Just to own not to drive. Even get his motor builder Joe to build a D.S. motor. I would get Wiley to sign the car. It's a shame that Dick was NOT allowed to try and win more of the History races in Cali. He would have smoke the vette's for the 50 years anniversary. Blown oil line cost him the Daytona reunion. Start last and get to 5th and loose a connection. Any way. I am happy he was my friend. Rick L.
Old 03-03-2008, 01:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Cobra Serial #1425, 2007 SHELBY MUSTANG GT500, 2000 Cobra R #15
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

My book is about determination.

Has nothing to do with money. I was never a misfit.

It's about not giving up.

I could retire when I was 39. Big Deal.

It is inspirational.

Write your book about your friend.

Hire an editor, copy editor, formatter, proof readers, cover designer, and a printer. May be a literary agent. Have $50,000.00 in pocket if you want a ready-for-market book.

I did my book for inner-peace. Paid of in spades.

Good luck!

MM
Old 03-03-2008, 01:19 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     
Default You know...

I thought about writing a book about procrastination... but somehow I just never got around to it.
Old 03-03-2008, 01:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via Yahoo to Joe Wicked
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
I thought about writing a book about procrastination... but somehow I just never got around to it.

I have a T-Shirt that says:
Top 10 reasons I procrastinate: