View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 07:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 974
Not Ranked     

You can give Keith a call at K&M in Deer park. It's a small shop run by 2 brothers just behind Mustang Magic on Skidmore Ave.....off Bayshore Rd. Keith has done 6 FFR bodies from the ground up which I'm sure are more of a glass challenge than your Contemporary body. He did mine in '99 incl all the headlamp/louver and sidepipe cutouts. He's also done Classic Roadster body work. It's not a drive in customer shop. Much of his work comes from dealerships and larger insurance shops. Work quality is excellent. Keith is a down to earth humble guy. Leaving the body over time just how he'd like to work it. With Keith there's a noticeable degree of personal pride in his own work. Painters like that may not prefer to spray a raw glass body they did not prep. Keith works strictly with fiberglass, no fillers. When he did the final seams etc.on my FFR body he'd bake the entire body or cure it under plastic wrap in the sun a few days . Then he'd fine sand/fill those miniature craters on the entire body 2 more times before primer. I doubt your Contemporary would require as much attention as my older MK1 FFR did in '99.
Tel# 631-243-2608. If you drop by to speak with him my name is Jim Marotta.