View Single Post
Old 01-30-2008, 12:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: UK Ram SC. KC-Yates 373, Jerico 5 speed.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaSnaka View Post
Last spring I installed an upgrade of the Pro Shock coil overs front and rear with new upper and lower A-arms. Purchased through CRII. My car is a 1997CR purchased from a private party. I am not here to b**** or complain and am certainly not pointing fingers at CRII. The problems I encountered which I am sharing to help others in the same boat. To start, the bolts supplied with the kits dont all fit (too short) and I had to purchase new ones to fit. Not that big a deal but still beware. Today I noticed the bracket attached to the differential where the lower rear shock/spring is attached has started to bend. Too much stress so I need to have it reinforced. I now wish I had left the old spring in place to give more support. A much stronger design, I'm not sure why the coil over is thought to be an improvement in the rear. Both are height adjustable. Another issue is I couldn't get the front end aligned all the way to spec. The camber is maxed out and can't quite get to neg. The tech said it should be ok but I am the sort of person who thinks right is right and not almost right. The car definetly rides better, cornering and especially over bumps. No more bottoming out the tires into the fenders (old springs were weak). If anybody has had experience with similar problems I am open to some ideas for corrections. Thanks. This forum has been very quiet, are there not many CR's out there?

John

With the front suspension camber adjustment, I wonder what happens if you find with fast road driving, or you go to the track and need to crank some camber on? Some front suspensions needs to have some static Neg camber to allow for roll etc, even though a suspension has camber change designed into it.

The 1960's rocked!