View Single Post
Old 02-08-2008, 04:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Price on Shubecks

Ant what's up. Shubecks are about $1,000.00us last time I checked unless the price came down. The only guys running these lifters are the racers for 1/4 mile. They are looking for every rpm and lightest valve train parts. I would wonder about if a piece of metal shaving got between the lifter and the camshaft lobe, what damage and which surface would get a groove? I have that polycabon fiber gear on my MSD. So far no wear problem or pattern on either gear. Need more miles and recheck. I have a small hydro roller cam in the 482 now, runs great, it sounds like it has a solid lifter cam inside because of the T bars between lifters. Other than that everything is good. With good springs and camshaft you can run a hydro roller motor to 6,700 before pumpup starts. How high a rpm are you looking for? I am running the comp beehives, I like them. The motor is new and not broken in yet. I had no problem with the 452 and a little flat hydro lifter cam turning 6,200 rpm without pumpup. The motor was out of camshaft but went another 500 rpms more with these valve springs. 7,000+ is possible with lighter valve train and smaller valve stems and light rocker arms. A rev kit may be the answer to more rpm's with an FE motor. Looking into this over the summer. Have to get around the T bar for the lifters. Need alifter with either a groove like Jesel that ride in a lifter bore and is grooved or a T bar like the LS2 motors to stop rotation of the lifters. Brain storming at this time. Have a good one Rick L.