View Single Post
Old 02-28-2008, 08:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force Mk I, 5L Windsor, TKO 600, enhanced Jag / Koni suspension & LSD Diff.
Not Ranked     

Tenrocca's correct between colours though can't recall if he's also on the money with the 692 being red but he probably is.

Also right that the 692 body has the globe holder that is dual filament where as 691 is single filament. And if you know your globes the dual filament has offset bayonet pins so it will only fit that connector.

The older Minx, Healey etc sourced lights ie true Lucas versions have non stamped and stamped versions dependant on their age. If you have time and want originals, EBay or similar throw them up with some regularity, but do check on the E stamp status particularly. Also use US EBay they regularly appear there.

Also check what the attachment studs are like, they can be rusted out but again Bill Thompson rubbers carry square shanked studs that will do as a replacement very nicely.

If you luck on well priced originals that aren't E stamped, you might be able to get E stamped lenses off Jim Withers at JW classic car parts for about $20 each.

Watch the repro sets., some are good copies some are crap.

I'd been caught but was lucky because of very poor descriptions so my main set cost me nothing in the end but I had to do a fair bit of chasing around to cover all the bits. And I still have double filament bodies in my front indicators but the sparky wired these up to just both flash together to overcome any issues.

The hardest bits to find are the lens studs though I have seen packets of these advertised and particularly that funny shaped brass nut that is held captive by the fitted lens body that the lens studs screw into. I have not yet seen these sold separate, they are usually provided with the lense body, another trap for the unwary.

Too much information? - happy hunting.

Cheers