View Single Post
Old 02-29-2008, 01:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC . 393 Dart alloy block Stroked 351 alloy heads ..all the goodies plus a pre oiler. al
Not Ranked     

BAZ,
I was born in 58.
First car was a Datsun 1600 import with the crossover wipers. Hotted it up with a 3/4 racecam and dual sidedraught webbers, lowered and flared guards with the uma-rocket paint job....not a chick magnet. the cops loved it. Never defected despite 16 mpg and one hotdog muffler. (I used to enjoy a particular lane just off Hunter street in Newcastle for the "reverberations")Mostly speed fines. The suspension on that thing is the only reason I am still alive.
The next toy was a registered dune buggy... 1800 VW engine and could wheelstand at the traffic lights. Mr plod didn't like that one. it has steering brakes that made cornering so much fun that I often went back and did it again. Girlfriends seemed to dissapear after that move ? It was that time I saw a Cobra in a hot rod magazine and decided to find out what this monster was all about. not easy when computers weren't around. The 0-100-0 in 13 secs stats did the trick. + the shape + the noise + the legends. Mine mightn't do the 0-100-0 trick ( i'm yet to see how it goes) but it is a copy of one of the rare vehicles that have made a mark in the history of automobile excess.
There's no simple explanation to the "uneducated" why a Cobra is the "preferred" vehicle !
As you said. . .Dreams do come true if you wait long enough.
Smithy