View Single Post
Old 03-03-2008, 04:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance, Roush 427R-095, Pro Systems carb, 2" headers, Buckshot Racefab side pipes, 10s off idle start
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpanten View Post
As someone who drag races a lot I wanted ask your opinion of how much time you think you would loose with a 3:27 rear end. That is currently what I am running. It sticks very well but I have been toying with stepping up to a 3.55 or a 3.73. Obviously faster is better but I dont want it breaking loose every time I get on it either.
I've only had this particular car to the drag strip a few times with club events, but as I understand trap speed should be pretty much relative to the power the car has on the particular pass and very consistent. As long as you're not running out of gear on the top end the rear gear ratio shouldn't make much difference for the trap speed. For the time it improves or worsens greatly as 60ft time changes. Harder launch and gear ratio to improve on the initial start would improve time. Every .1 second give or take for the 60ft = about .2 at the end.

I think the 275/60 15s Mickey Thompson ET street drag radials would hold quite a bit more power than I have. It just comes down to the track conditions for the day. On the street they're incredible.