View Single Post
Old 03-04-2008, 12:33 AM
Administrator
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: KMP286, Shelby 482, Webers, 593HP
Send a message via Yahoo to Brent Mills
Default Brent's RCR GT MKIV Build Log

Well, about the middle of last year I made the decision, along with my better half, that I need something to get me away from the puter every once in a while, plus the winters around here just make me crazy. Always enjoy the GT's and figured I would try something a little different.....An RCR MKIV. It's a pretty wild looking ride, isn't very practical, and that's just the way I like it.

It arrived just last week and while I haven't had much time to spend on it, I have tinkered for several hours.

Here's the basic specs:
  • RCR MKIV Kit
  • Keith Craft 482
  • Porsche 930 Transaxle
  • Bluestreaks all around (STICKY!)
  • Vintage Wheel Halibrand replicas....Wish the original style wheels were available, but not such luck at this time.
  • Wilwood brakes
  • Right hand drive, just to keep things interesting!

This is going to be one hell of a project and it will be interesting to see if I can spare the time...It is fun to tinker though!!

Here's some pics so far (more in my MKIV Albulm Brent Mills Album - Club Cobra Photo Gallery ) :

Starting to pull her apart....It's hard to take her from a rolling chassis to completely disabled, but it has to be done.

I'll post more when I have updates worthy of doing so.

By the way, this is what I hope to end up with (color, stripes, meatballs, etc).