View Single Post
Old 03-31-2008, 02:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Smile 07 Pres At 08 Austin Spring Event

Hi Everyone
Wow!! What A Weekend! I Think There Were Over 70 Cobra's And A Couple Of Other Cars. A Big Thanks To Dee And All Of His Helpers For Organizing This Years Event. I Know That There Were Some Concerns, Most Already Mentioned On Other Threads, That I Will Comment On Later.

Got To Austin Later Than Expected On Thursday. My Builder Louis Galvan Broke His Toe At Work So While He Went To The Doctor I Headed To Austin With The Fia On My Trailer. Friday Louie Felt Better And Headed To Austin In My Gt 40 Replica Protottype. He Was Followed My Friends Of Ours Mike And Caroline Sullivan. All Arrived Friday Afternoon And We All Joined In On The Festivities. Passed The Gavel To Dee As Our New President For O8. Missed Seeing David Our 06 President. But I Did Do One Thing. Last Year Told The Guy In The Corvette To Move Out Of Our Parking Lot. So Now Dee You Have To Move At Least 2 Cars! Wasn't Up To The Run From The Arroyo, So I Headed Back To The Hotel. Met Up With Some Of The Houston Group. They Were Back At The Hotel Because Of Some Unfortunate Bad Luck With A Couple Of Their Cars. The Tailgate Party's Were Great. A Big Thanks To All Of Those That Provided The Food. And Thanks To Debbie For The Event T-shirts. Headed Back To Corpus Christi After Waiting Out The Rain. A Couple Of Hi-lights Of The Trip Back. Between Austin And San Antonio A Car Load Of Girls Pulled Up Alongside Louie In The 40 And Zipped In And Out Of Traffic To Take Pictures From All Four Sides. Then As They Sped Away One Of The Girls Leaned Out Of Her Window And Pulled Up Her Shirt! Louie Kept His Discipline And Stayed Right Behind Me. Later As His Foot Started To Throb We Pulled Off Just Sout Of San Antonio. My Wife Judy Took Over The Driving Duties Of The 40. She Had Never Been In The Car Before. She Tooled Right Along And Kept Calling Me To Tell Me How Cool The Ride Was. All Made It Home Safely.

Now For The Future Of Our Event.

Its Obvious That The Motel Does Not Need Us Anymore. As Dennis Said, We Need To Look For A Small Town Near Austin That Would Appreciate Our Business. The Austin People Would Know More What Would Be A Better Site.

To Help With The Expenses Of The Tailgate Party's Why Not Add On A Fee To Our Registration Fee For The Meals. If Someone Does Not Want To Eat At The Tailgate Party Then They Can Opt Not To Pay.

Add A 50/50 Drawing To Raise Money For Whatever The Club Chooses To Use The Money For.

Get A Photographer That Takes Pictures For The Club. Instead Of Someone That Takes Pictures Of What He Wants And Then We Have To Buy Them. ( 3 Pics Of Mustangs)

Just My 2 Cents Worth. Enjoyed Seeing Everyone And Look Forward To Next Year!

Have A Great Week,
Paul