17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 03-31-2008, 02:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Smile 07 Pres At 08 Austin Spring Event

Hi Everyone
Wow!! What A Weekend! I Think There Were Over 70 Cobra's And A Couple Of Other Cars. A Big Thanks To Dee And All Of His Helpers For Organizing This Years Event. I Know That There Were Some Concerns, Most Already Mentioned On Other Threads, That I Will Comment On Later.

Got To Austin Later Than Expected On Thursday. My Builder Louis Galvan Broke His Toe At Work So While He Went To The Doctor I Headed To Austin With The Fia On My Trailer. Friday Louie Felt Better And Headed To Austin In My Gt 40 Replica Protottype. He Was Followed My Friends Of Ours Mike And Caroline Sullivan. All Arrived Friday Afternoon And We All Joined In On The Festivities. Passed The Gavel To Dee As Our New President For O8. Missed Seeing David Our 06 President. But I Did Do One Thing. Last Year Told The Guy In The Corvette To Move Out Of Our Parking Lot. So Now Dee You Have To Move At Least 2 Cars! Wasn't Up To The Run From The Arroyo, So I Headed Back To The Hotel. Met Up With Some Of The Houston Group. They Were Back At The Hotel Because Of Some Unfortunate Bad Luck With A Couple Of Their Cars. The Tailgate Party's Were Great. A Big Thanks To All Of Those That Provided The Food. And Thanks To Debbie For The Event T-shirts. Headed Back To Corpus Christi After Waiting Out The Rain. A Couple Of Hi-lights Of The Trip Back. Between Austin And San Antonio A Car Load Of Girls Pulled Up Alongside Louie In The 40 And Zipped In And Out Of Traffic To Take Pictures From All Four Sides. Then As They Sped Away One Of The Girls Leaned Out Of Her Window And Pulled Up Her Shirt! Louie Kept His Discipline And Stayed Right Behind Me. Later As His Foot Started To Throb We Pulled Off Just Sout Of San Antonio. My Wife Judy Took Over The Driving Duties Of The 40. She Had Never Been In The Car Before. She Tooled Right Along And Kept Calling Me To Tell Me How Cool The Ride Was. All Made It Home Safely.

Now For The Future Of Our Event.

Its Obvious That The Motel Does Not Need Us Anymore. As Dennis Said, We Need To Look For A Small Town Near Austin That Would Appreciate Our Business. The Austin People Would Know More What Would Be A Better Site.

To Help With The Expenses Of The Tailgate Party's Why Not Add On A Fee To Our Registration Fee For The Meals. If Someone Does Not Want To Eat At The Tailgate Party Then They Can Opt Not To Pay.

Add A 50/50 Drawing To Raise Money For Whatever The Club Chooses To Use The Money For.

Get A Photographer That Takes Pictures For The Club. Instead Of Someone That Takes Pictures Of What He Wants And Then We Have To Buy Them. ( 3 Pics Of Mustangs)

Just My 2 Cents Worth. Enjoyed Seeing Everyone And Look Forward To Next Year!

Have A Great Week,
Paul
Old 03-31-2008, 03:18 PM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #291 *has left the garage*
Not Ranked     

congrats Dee on becoming the newest TCC president. No one was more deserving this year.
thanks for the TONS of hard work you, Jacque, and the many many other faces of the Austin club that put the event together.
The best ever!!!
Paul.... you were an awesome Prez and carried out your responsibilities dutifully.
here here!!!!

btw.... i worried about you and the several 'cattle guards' we crossed.
kristen
Old 03-31-2008, 04:00 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #586, 535hp.460
Not Ranked     
Default You 'da Man!!

Paul,
Good post, and Dee I know this will work out for the best again just like it has each time we have had to make this decision.
Way to go to all that attended because this was the BEST ONE YET in spite of a few overly ambitious wannabe assistant night managers!!
John Russell
Old 04-07-2008, 07:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Good morning Paul,

I just wanted to let you know that the Marriott loves the Cobra Club and would love to have them back next year. Their was an incident where the police were called out to the parking lot however the hotel did not contact the local police department, the bridal party that was staying at the hotel did. Apparently Friday night we had a brides grandmother try to park in the parking lot and a fellow Cobra attendee told her she could not park there and called her a "B _ _ _ H". Obviously they did not appreciate it and when they checked into their room "they" decided to contact the police. I know this because I spoke with the bride the next morning and she told me all about it. I apologized on behalf of the Cobra Club and explained to her that we have never had this issue in the past. I spoke to the grandmother and she pointed out to me the woman that said it to her. " She was wearing a "Black Houston Cobra Club Club" jacket.

I hope you inderstand that if the "Hooters Truck" had been communicated to the hotel prior to the event we could have worked something out where the hotel could have hosted the tailgate party however not one person communicated to the hotel their intensions. I have worked with the Marriott hotel and the Cobra Club for over four years and this was the first year that we have had any issues. I strongly believe that if we communicate better with each other next year we can both make it a successful event.
Old 04-07-2008, 08:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane #1037, 351C, TKO 600
Not Ranked     
Default Oops

Looks like there are two sides to every story. I hope that we didn't call a little old laby a B____! We are much better than that, I mean common folks. I would assume we have two faults here. 1). We didn't coordinate with the hotel. 2). The hotel should have been more proactive with the club. I know gregg you weren't , but I have alot at stake with the club. Perhaps we need to find the Wedding party and apologize?

Just to let you know you all are my family,

Gregg H
Still living large in Baghdad

"Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory."
Old 04-07-2008, 08:44 AM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #291 *has left the garage*
Not Ranked     

really, there are two sides, but I think that we have just outgrown the Marriott.
We've never had competition with a conference, and the entire parking lot- north, south, east, was packed when we started arriving. The entire issue all started with unavailability of parking our trucks and trailers. We had a plan, it didn't work, and tempers started from there. I personally had no issues, but unfortunately heard quite a few. Well I couldn't park my trailer, of course, but it did eventually get parked.
I think between the conference on Thursday and Friday, and the wedding festivities on Friday and Saturday, it just didn't all fit. The Club isn't used to having to squeeze in and share the parking lot, and this time we did.
We had the Hooter's trailer last year, and also last year we had the 3 nights of 'tailgate parties' with each area hosting it, and I don't recall last year being an issue with Hooter's. Maybe it was and I didn't know it. I don't know what the solution is, but I think the cramped quarters got everyone in a tizz.
Just my $.02 worth.
k
btw. There needs to be many many trashcans in the parking lot, so we don't have to wander around looking for a small can by the entrance doors to deposit our trash! Makes things look very untidy and messy.
Old 04-07-2008, 09:07 AM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtcoppedge View Post
Their was an incident where the police were called out to the parking lot .. I spoke to the grandmother and she pointed out to me the woman that said it to her. " She was wearing a "Black Houston Cobra Club Club" jacket.

I hope you inderstand that if the "Hooters Truck" had been communicated to the hotel prior to the event we could have worked something out.

There appears to be a common theme here.

Maybe a Mud Wrestling Pit where the women can settle their differences is in order ???

Last edited by 392cobra; 04-07-2008 at 09:10 AM..
Old 04-07-2008, 10:05 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SHELBY GT500...slightly modified. Former owner of CSX4758..a GEM of a ride!
Not Ranked     

I didn't see the pictures but I'm sure 2 of the Mustangs belong to 2 founding members so let's don't go there.

Gary
Old 04-07-2008, 10:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Interesting game of "telephone" going on about the police being called on Friday night. I heard it was a man not a woman who spoke to the lady who was taking the parking spot. And that version did not include anyone being called a B----. I wasn't there, and only heard about it second hand. But that's what has happened with the hotel - they are hearing about it second hand. Is my source less reliable than the bride, who knows? Do I think the hotel staff handled it incredibly poorly, yep.

And as far as communication goes, the staff gave a very distinct impression that they did not want to communicate with us. Perhaps Mr. Copperedge, you did, but the rest of your facility was not welcoming at all.

One of my biggest disappointments was that the level of service and appreciation that we've had from the Marriot in the past was essentially non-existent. It was almost as if we just happened upon your hotel with no notice, creating an atmosphere of resentment among your staff. Well, except Francine in the restaurant. She's served me breakfast for at least the last three years and she still rocked.
Old 04-07-2008, 06:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR, 302 efi
Not Ranked     

For the record, the police came Thursday night, not Friday. No woman spoke to any bridal party or elderly woman. There was one short conversation between a hotel guest (unknown affiliation with any party) trying to park their car and they were informed by a man in a very polite manner that there was very limited parking on the side with all the trailers and they would have a better chance of finding adequate parking on the other side. Now, if this constitutes calling the police, there must be some real sensitive whiners out there.

Last edited by Tonya Von Bulow; 04-07-2008 at 06:25 PM..
Old 04-07-2008, 06:33 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR DAYTONA COUPE 302 COBRA FE STOCK
Not Ranked     

Dee:

Congratulations on your new position as el presidente!

You and the rest of the Austin group have again done a tremendous job of pulling together a great party. Thank you.

If we are to return to the Marriott or where ever, we need to let them know, up front, of our "reserved" paking requirements, of our nightly tail-gate intentions, of our anticipated noise level with cars, crowd, music, etc., and expect the destination hotel to communicate with the other guests so that they aren't surprised.

I don't know how many rooms we booked, but I can only imagine that $120.00 times X times 2, 3, or 4 nights = a pretty good revenue stream for the establishment...something they don't want to see go elsewhere. Have we outgrown the Marriott? Maybe, and maybe not.

If we are to return...we need certain guarantees of understanding with the future management team...plus I kinda like the suggested mud wrestling pit.

Thanks again.
Old 04-07-2008, 07:19 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #122 (Sold) : Ford GT #484 Heritage Edition; 2008 GT500 Red/Black
Not Ranked     

I think paul may be referring to the group picture collage thing..we have always had trouble with that..the first year because of the storm they had alot of time and made a custom one for some of us in Dallas..thats the best one I have ever had.

I got to replace all the crap I didn't like with pictures I did..so it worked out. I also understood that the person that suggested to the lady that she would be better served parking elsewhere is a former police officer?

It seems really simple..If we feel that the hotel will work with us..and IF we want to do it there again..I think we can communicate much better and possible have a meeting the week before or month before with the person we deal with and the night manager that will be on duty.

The police are only going to come on private property if called and if they are asked by management to leave then they will leave..period...didn't seem like thats where this went.
2006 Ford GT #484 Heritage Edition
2003 Hummer H1 OpenTop
2003 Hummer H1 Wagon
Old 04-08-2008, 05:00 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CMC, 351 Cleveland, Dual Quads, C6
Not Ranked     

Dee, Congrats on being our President. I know you will do us proud! If there is anything I can do to help, let me know. I promise I won't ***** and whine too much.