View Single Post
Old 04-07-2008, 08:44 AM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #291 *has left the garage*
Not Ranked     

really, there are two sides, but I think that we have just outgrown the Marriott.
We've never had competition with a conference, and the entire parking lot- north, south, east, was packed when we started arriving. The entire issue all started with unavailability of parking our trucks and trailers. We had a plan, it didn't work, and tempers started from there. I personally had no issues, but unfortunately heard quite a few. Well I couldn't park my trailer, of course, but it did eventually get parked.
I think between the conference on Thursday and Friday, and the wedding festivities on Friday and Saturday, it just didn't all fit. The Club isn't used to having to squeeze in and share the parking lot, and this time we did.
We had the Hooter's trailer last year, and also last year we had the 3 nights of 'tailgate parties' with each area hosting it, and I don't recall last year being an issue with Hooter's. Maybe it was and I didn't know it. I don't know what the solution is, but I think the cramped quarters got everyone in a tizz.
Just my $.02 worth.
k
btw. There needs to be many many trashcans in the parking lot, so we don't have to wander around looking for a small can by the entrance doors to deposit our trash! Makes things look very untidy and messy.