View Single Post
Old 04-29-2008, 07:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Superformance/Dynamic Motorsport/PE = Fantastic

I just obtained my new Superformance from Dynamic Motorsports last week. I have logged about 100 miles. The car and service has exceeded all expectation. I ordered my SPF back in December. I had be in and out of contact with Shane for about 3 years and felt I owed them some business. Shane always provided an honest opinion on the countless number of used ones I discussed with him. I finally reached the point to buy a new one. Here are the details:

I ordered the entire package on December 15th and picked it up April 22. During the wait I contacted Dynamic/Shane no less than 50 times with countless questions and concerns he always replied promptly and diligently explaining the pros and cons of different selections. My intial comment to Shane was you can meet my expectation but you will not exceed because I expect the car to be flawless. The car is flawless and due to his customer service he far exceeded my expectations.

I decided to pick up the Cobra myself to identify any issues, scratches and hold Dynamic's feet to the fire. I arrived at Dynamic after driving 1200 miles from Houston. It was and is flawless, not a mark, ding, scratch, panel misalignment, rattle, etc. Performance Engineering did the install. I inspected Eriks work, once again perfection and excellent customer service, he called with updates during the engine and trans install. Wires were run properly, the correct clutch, transmission etc installed. It started on the first crank and runs and drives better than my last one (not SPF) did on the day I sold it after sorting through it for 10 months. After logging some miles I determine it has seamless power, no hesitation, no flat spots, cruise at 1700 rpm no bucking etc. It is a Roush 427 SR/TW. As far as the chassis I have No rattles, and I still cannot beleive this but NO vibrations at any speed regardless of road surface. Yes I have the 15" BFG tires!!! Wait there is more, the speedometer needle is pefectly steady, you would think it was electric but it is not it is a Smith mechanical guage. Since arriving in Houston I have driven on the Gulf Freeway, 225, 610, and still no steering wheel or chassis vibration.

After arriving home and staring at the car in the garage for three days and admiring how the opening around the headers is perfectly symetrical, the gap around the doors, hood and trunk is consistent I decide to jack up the car. What a work of art, oh wait the car sits level and both front shocks are adjusted the same unlike my last on where the adjusting ring was 3" higer on one side to get it to sit level. I immediatly notice the anti-sabatoge paint on all the suspension components ensuring the bolts were torqued and a quick way to identify any which may be loosening. I admire the way the slave cylinder is perpindicular to the bell housing and everything else that was different than my last one.

In summary I would have no reservations ordering a SPF from Dynamic and not inspecting before it is delivered. I looked at the many other SPF's in their shop and they all were perfect, and I thought I was special, LOL!! Their shop would give any Lexus or BMW shop a run for their money. It was spotless, organized, well lighted, and professional and friendly personnel.

Another testament to the SPF durability. While trailering back I hit 30 miles of road that caused my teeth fillings to hurt, the truck and trailer bucked to the point I started looking for an alternate route. I thought for sure I would have some rub marks between the trunk and body, doors etc. I have zero, none, nada, this thing is built like a tank. It swallows bumps as well as my Lexus GS300. I never would have thought it was possible for a Cobra to be so road friendly.

I recommend not driving a SPF unless it is what you intend to buy, you may very well be disappointed in anything else.

Once again thanks to Dynamic, Performance Engineering and Superformance!!!