Club Cobra Gas - N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Superformance

Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
May 2024
S M T W T F S
      1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31  

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-29-2008, 07:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Superformance/Dynamic Motorsport/PE = Fantastic

I just obtained my new Superformance from Dynamic Motorsports last week. I have logged about 100 miles. The car and service has exceeded all expectation. I ordered my SPF back in December. I had be in and out of contact with Shane for about 3 years and felt I owed them some business. Shane always provided an honest opinion on the countless number of used ones I discussed with him. I finally reached the point to buy a new one. Here are the details:

I ordered the entire package on December 15th and picked it up April 22. During the wait I contacted Dynamic/Shane no less than 50 times with countless questions and concerns he always replied promptly and diligently explaining the pros and cons of different selections. My intial comment to Shane was you can meet my expectation but you will not exceed because I expect the car to be flawless. The car is flawless and due to his customer service he far exceeded my expectations.

I decided to pick up the Cobra myself to identify any issues, scratches and hold Dynamic's feet to the fire. I arrived at Dynamic after driving 1200 miles from Houston. It was and is flawless, not a mark, ding, scratch, panel misalignment, rattle, etc. Performance Engineering did the install. I inspected Eriks work, once again perfection and excellent customer service, he called with updates during the engine and trans install. Wires were run properly, the correct clutch, transmission etc installed. It started on the first crank and runs and drives better than my last one (not SPF) did on the day I sold it after sorting through it for 10 months. After logging some miles I determine it has seamless power, no hesitation, no flat spots, cruise at 1700 rpm no bucking etc. It is a Roush 427 SR/TW. As far as the chassis I have No rattles, and I still cannot beleive this but NO vibrations at any speed regardless of road surface. Yes I have the 15" BFG tires!!! Wait there is more, the speedometer needle is pefectly steady, you would think it was electric but it is not it is a Smith mechanical guage. Since arriving in Houston I have driven on the Gulf Freeway, 225, 610, and still no steering wheel or chassis vibration.

After arriving home and staring at the car in the garage for three days and admiring how the opening around the headers is perfectly symetrical, the gap around the doors, hood and trunk is consistent I decide to jack up the car. What a work of art, oh wait the car sits level and both front shocks are adjusted the same unlike my last on where the adjusting ring was 3" higer on one side to get it to sit level. I immediatly notice the anti-sabatoge paint on all the suspension components ensuring the bolts were torqued and a quick way to identify any which may be loosening. I admire the way the slave cylinder is perpindicular to the bell housing and everything else that was different than my last one.

In summary I would have no reservations ordering a SPF from Dynamic and not inspecting before it is delivered. I looked at the many other SPF's in their shop and they all were perfect, and I thought I was special, LOL!! Their shop would give any Lexus or BMW shop a run for their money. It was spotless, organized, well lighted, and professional and friendly personnel.

Another testament to the SPF durability. While trailering back I hit 30 miles of road that caused my teeth fillings to hurt, the truck and trailer bucked to the point I started looking for an alternate route. I thought for sure I would have some rub marks between the trunk and body, doors etc. I have zero, none, nada, this thing is built like a tank. It swallows bumps as well as my Lexus GS300. I never would have thought it was possible for a Cobra to be so road friendly.

I recommend not driving a SPF unless it is what you intend to buy, you may very well be disappointed in anything else.

Once again thanks to Dynamic, Performance Engineering and Superformance!!!
Old 04-29-2008, 08:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 545" stroked 460 - sold
Not Ranked     

Madmaxx, congrats on your SPF purchase and enjoyment

Glad it has all worked out well for you.

HOWEVER you know the rules, no photos, didn't happen so how about a few pics?
Old 04-29-2008, 08:50 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2613 Titanium w/Black, Roush 402SR
Not Ranked     

Congratulations Madmaxx! You'll be walking around with an ear-to-ear grin for weeks.

No stop signs, speed limit - Nobody's gonna slow me down - Like a wheel, gonna spin it
Old 04-29-2008, 08:51 AM
California Dreamin Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via ICQ to vanoochka Send a message via Yahoo to vanoochka Send a message via Skype™ to vanoochka
Not Ranked     

Although I purchased my SPF (#237) from a private party, and work 10 miles from Hillbank, I buy my parts exclusively from Dyanamic.

They have always gone out of their way to be reachable, even giving me cell phone numbers. They always treat me like a valued customers, their prices are fair and the stuff shows up within a couple of days if it is in stock. When it comes time to get a new SPF (when my son graduates college) they have earned my business.
Old 04-29-2008, 09:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2387, 427 W, Webers
Not Ranked     
Default Full agreement!

I too have worked with Shane and Dynamic. They are really helpful, and very reliable. The attention and prompt response to all calls is unmatched. My pleasure with the qulaty of the Superformance product is also very outstanding. Erik, at performance, has been awesome to work with as well! His reliability, as well as a quality product exceptional. He has done alot of special setup for my unique engine build and is really professional and very upfront about everything he does. He is currently installing a Dynatek fuel injection system for my aluminum block 427 stroker, he is keeping me posted on a regular basis and is even sending pics of the process! Shane did the same for me as the car was being delivered from SA. It is really great that they all understand how exciting it is to do these projects and that a great deal of the fun is THE PROCESS not just picking up the car and taking it home. If we wanted that we would go to the Chevy dealer and drive home in a new vette instead of waiting for a custom built dream car! Congratulations on the new car. I hope you are having as much fun as I am 6k miles into the adventure!
Old 04-29-2008, 09:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Auto Restoration and Service
Not Ranked     

Great news! One more SPF in Houston is a good thing.
Old 04-29-2008, 11:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Thanks for all the comments but I did the easy part and wrote the checks. Shane must have incredible patience, I swithched my engine choice three times and never once felt Dynamic was trying to gouge me on the price. I am used to getting 80% of what I pay for in life. This is one time I got what I paid for. I would have no problem jumping in this car and driving 1000 miles or even further. It is solid as a rock.

Mitch I owe a big thanks to you on the info you forwarded on registering!!
Old 04-29-2008, 11:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star 351W/408CI 525HP
Not Ranked     

Madmaxx,

When can we expect to see this thing at the next Houston Cobra Club Meeting? Next one is sat. the 10th. Hope you can make it.

I live and work just minutes from Vintage in Humble and they are great to work with even tho I don't have a Performance. If you get a chance check out there shop (Just across Beltway 8 from Redstone Golf Course) because they have some of the neatest cars in Houston under restoration.

Hope to see ya soon Mad and Jody that you picked the trailer up for is a friend.

Larry Boatner
Old 04-29-2008, 01:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Tugboat,

Imagine the odds of stumbling across Jody's post here on CC on his trailer needing shipment Texas, my SPF getting done about the same time and in proximity to the trailer. Everything lined out, in the end I visited Dynamic and saved $1K in shipping, I know Jody saved about $1k so it was definelty win win.

The trailer pulled like a dream, I used a GMC 1500 and never knew is was back there. It was alot of fun. I had to get back to Houston, everyday I woke up gas was up another 10 cents/gallon. LOL

I need to get back in the HCC I went to a couple meets a couple years back. Great group of people.