View Single Post
Old 04-29-2008, 09:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #89, KCR aluminum 427 windsor
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakebitekit View Post
"Knott" wanting to throw any cold water on it but "is that all there is". 3 Corbra vendors, Vintage wheels, some speedster vendors and one engine builder. Other than one speedster vendor and the engine people they didn't even have info to hand out. Were my hopes higher than they should be? Where are the tire vendors, other wheel manuf., parts suppliers, etc;

There was more going on at Dukes. Mostly F5 stuff, but Gordon was there.
The Knott's show was definitely smaller this year. A lot of that had to do with the separate Factory Five event in Huntington Beach. In the past, there have been more manufacturers... and Cobra accessory suppliers & vendors... as well as a larger variety of cars... although Knott's has been a Factory Five-dominated event for some time- understandable, as it's the American Handcrafted Automobile show.

The current state of the economy probably plays into it as well... as far as the attendance of manufacturers, vendors, AND owners.

If I understand correctly, the Factory Five event in Huntington was a cruise-in, organized by Factory Five for Factory Five owners... I don't think it was deliberately intended to compete with Knott's... although having it the same day as Knott's does kinda make you wonder...

No harm, no foul tho... I enjoyed both events.
BDR #89- KCR aluminum 427 windsor, TKO-600