View Single Post
Old 05-07-2008, 03:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: King Cobra, QLD - 347 windsor
Not Ranked     
Default ADR 37/01 - Fuel injection

Can any one explain to me in easy to understand language what are the requirements of ADR 37/01 as they relate to fuel injection systems.

My dream for the dual quad carbed LPG system is now officially buried and I'm on to plan "E"

I have approval in principal to run a fuel injection system but need to cut to the chase about what ADR 37 means. My kit date is 2004.

In the NT the Motor Vehicle Registry does not have the capacity to test emmissions, so they apparently agree that certain types of systems are likely to meet the requirements, this must be verified by the engineer. So what have others gotten away with.

I will have a stock standard 302 with alloy heads when I front up. (347 stroker with AFR 185s, mild cam, forged internals and 10.9:1 compression.)

What is the nastiest system I can get away with. It has to be tunable.

Mass-flo is cheap and easy............TWM, Imagine injection, MorrisonOZ are magnificent (pricey), but can I convince the engineer all is good.

I suppose what I am trying to say is, if money wasn't an issue......what would you go for. (And to all the darksiders out there, I will stick to the blue for now.)

I appreciate any advice from those in the know....

Thanks
Hogster