View Single Post
Old 06-04-2008, 08:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby American CSX 4241 - authentically built
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris-kincaid View Post
Sal, I heard of a 2 valve pickup truck that pegged a 248c Dynojet with a 2.3 . Something like 1200hp? I think it was this one:

Good ole Chris strikes again .

Actually, I did most of the Whipple testing on the Lightning (and the M112 rear inlet with Chris) on my truck. All of my record setting ETs were actually with the Works 112 and spray. I did run the Works 140 (whipple 2.3 unit) for a while too. I snapped the crank in half on a pass at 26 psi with a 300 shot on top. The truck went 110 in the 1/8 before the motor let go. It would have been the first 9 second Gen 2 Lightning, almost 3 years before the first one actually happened. After the new motor went in, I ran the whipple a few times. The truck did go 10.59 on Whipple alone, on a soft tune, but that was stull a tenth slower than the 112 with spray.

Eventually, the Whipple tore the keyway off the crankshaft. It takes massive power to turn it. I then went to a Procharger F1R blower, but ran into the same issues. At that point, is when I did the smart thing and went turbo. With the 76GTSH, I made 805/830 to the wheels, which on a Lightning is almost 1000 engine hp. This was almost 4 years ago, and to date I have not seen an all boost Lightning dyno sheet higher than that.

I do miss that truck. Ironically, the next pass after that photo was taken, was my infamous nitrous explosion that had the whole nose in flames.

See my car at CSXinfo.net here >> CSX 4241