Thread: Thanks, OCC!
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2008, 02:08 PM
Average Guy
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: red Shell Valley, white stripes
Not Ranked     
Default Thanks, OCC!

The old car got us home again. It's been to all but one of the London shows. This one was especially nice. The weather held up wonderfully. Other than rocking the tent around a little, that little storm could do little to dampen our good time. We met some great old and new friends.

The autocross was fun. Quaker Steak and Lube was fun as always. Saturday's parade went flawlessly and the London show was as enjoyable as could be. That night, at the tent, we had really good food. There was barbequed pork, beef, and chicken so that you could be an equal opportunity carnivore. If that was not your preference, a vegetarian menu was available. Nice touch, OCC.

I was anxious to see who the speaker would be. I was hoping for Dan Gurney, or someone like that. When it was announced that the speaker would be Anita, the gal that made the paintings of the soldiers, I was a little bewildered. Within minutes, the powerful message behind her paintings reminded me again of what is so easy to take for granted. We owe our soldiers so much. It made for an heartwarming program.

The auction would simply not be the same without the irrepressible Jay Nordstrom. Much generosity was shown by the Cobra crowd as they supported the Cystic Fibrosis cause. Once again, I ended up tied for second place in the car drawing, but there's always next year, right?

I found the Canadians to be delightful folks and they appeared to have a great time. It was great to have them.

A little nap and a stack of pancakes later, I was headed back home, very satisfied with my LCS experience.

Someday, when CF is completely under control, the guys and gals of the OCC will have made a major "dent" in making it happen. Bravo, OCC! Thanks a million.