17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 06-22-2008, 02:08 PM
Average Guy
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: red Shell Valley, white stripes
Not Ranked     
Default Thanks, OCC!

The old car got us home again. It's been to all but one of the London shows. This one was especially nice. The weather held up wonderfully. Other than rocking the tent around a little, that little storm could do little to dampen our good time. We met some great old and new friends.

The autocross was fun. Quaker Steak and Lube was fun as always. Saturday's parade went flawlessly and the London show was as enjoyable as could be. That night, at the tent, we had really good food. There was barbequed pork, beef, and chicken so that you could be an equal opportunity carnivore. If that was not your preference, a vegetarian menu was available. Nice touch, OCC.

I was anxious to see who the speaker would be. I was hoping for Dan Gurney, or someone like that. When it was announced that the speaker would be Anita, the gal that made the paintings of the soldiers, I was a little bewildered. Within minutes, the powerful message behind her paintings reminded me again of what is so easy to take for granted. We owe our soldiers so much. It made for an heartwarming program.

The auction would simply not be the same without the irrepressible Jay Nordstrom. Much generosity was shown by the Cobra crowd as they supported the Cystic Fibrosis cause. Once again, I ended up tied for second place in the car drawing, but there's always next year, right?

I found the Canadians to be delightful folks and they appeared to have a great time. It was great to have them.

A little nap and a stack of pancakes later, I was headed back home, very satisfied with my LCS experience.

Someday, when CF is completely under control, the guys and gals of the OCC will have made a major "dent" in making it happen. Bravo, OCC! Thanks a million.
Old 06-22-2008, 02:54 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

So who won the car ?

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 06-22-2008, 06:21 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RCR GT 40 & 1966 Fairlane 390 5 speed
Not Ranked     
Smile Thanks

Thanks to everyone who helped with the London Cobra Show this year.
OCC, London, the UPS people who helped and all the other behind the scene people. "Everyone" Thanks

We ( The Alabama Gang) had a great time. Every event was well planned and well organized. Everyone was friendly and nice to us. A special thanks the London PD for letting us do a good burn out on Main Street. I did nine or ten so I guess I own them 9 or 10 "Thank You's."
Thanks to all the people who attended. We made a lot of new friends. Thanks to all the Canadians who drove down to LCS. Great people!

Great trip, 1227 miles. Looking forward to next year.

Ya'll don't have to top this year, just more of the same will be great.

Thanks

See Ya'll next year

Dwight Frye

bought twice as many raffle tickets for next year. I think there should be a rule that states a 23 year old college kid can not win the raffle Cobra!!!!!!!

Last edited by Dwight; 06-22-2008 at 06:27 PM.. Reason: spelling and add pic
Old 06-22-2008, 06:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft #361, Roush 342R, '71 'seasoned' block
Not Ranked     

OCC did a first class job putting together this event. The Canadians were hilarious, even saw one of them driving the Cobra home. They were welcome fun!

The car was won by a 23 year old kid who bought the ticket at the Cleveland Auto show. Apparently his mommy answered the phone when he was called and he was not there. After giving the number to mom (in front of all the attendees), the phone rang. The caller had a 305 area code (from Canada) and was coming from someone in the tent. Hilarious!

The video on what Anita, the artist, did was touching and I am glad here paintings were purchased together (two bids totaling $9000), and will hang in a place of honor. First class event.

It was worth the drive from NJ.
Old 06-22-2008, 06:29 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Smile Lcs 08

If you were not there

You missed a lot

Dwight
Old 06-22-2008, 06:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 4000; Shelby aluminum FE with 58mm IDAs
Not Ranked     

Did they have the ~1/8 mile passes again this year on Main Street?

If so, what were/who had the fastest speeds?

Any videos to share?
Old 06-22-2008, 07:02 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Smile burn outs

yes, they had 660' marked off, but they ask us to stay under 80 mph. I heard one guy did 90 and they told him to slow down a little. They had an officer with radar at the end and he would tell you your speed if you asked or if you where to fast. Most were doing a nasty burn out and then ease off.
Last year I did not give rides because of the way they wanted us to drive, slow, way to slow.
I think this year they have come up with a safe way for us to have fun on Maint Street.

I will be back next year.

Dwight

Lots of video
Old 06-22-2008, 10:42 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX4xxx, Alum. Shelby 427 w/ Webers, and 1959 Corvette Convt.
Not Ranked     

Another great time. Well done..... to all the OCC volunteers who work so hard to put this on
every year. Good weather, nice people and Cobra’s. It doesn’t get any better than that.

Hopefully we will have the Cobra there next year (made it about 7 miles from home and things
got ugly ....barely made it back home. Thanks for putting up with the ‘67 Vette.

It was good to see everybody from other years and made a few new friends.

Take care,
Old 06-22-2008, 11:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane HM1073 Keith Craft Genesis 427FE/482 CI
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGuy View Post
Thanks for putting up with the ‘67 Vette.
"But it's an original"
Old 06-23-2008, 09:05 AM
Renegade Nuns on Wheels
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427 roadster with 351C-4B
Not Ranked     

I know I had a great time!

OhioCobraClub.com
LondonCobraShow.com
Old 06-23-2008, 09:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RUCC, 351w 400hp
Not Ranked     

I agree, was one of the best times I have had, everyone involved did a great job. IT takes a lot of effort and more heart to put this on every year. GREAT JOB !!!! Already making plans for next year.

Jim
Old 06-23-2008, 12:22 PM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     

It was a good event.

I met some great people and say hello to friends from past events.

Not sure if I will do it again next year.

But I am glad I went this year.

Old 06-25-2008, 09:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Thanks Very Much To The Ohio Cobra Club!

Every year the London Cobra Show and its prequel, the Mid-Ohio track days, gets better. We may not have had as many Cobras, Daytona Coupes, and GT40s in the parade and taking over London, Ohio, but we enjoyed better weather and great camaraderie the entire time. Thanks so much to all the Ohio Cobra Club members, and especially those who contributed so much of their effort and time, all of us participants and spectators had a wonderful high horsepower with stump pulling torque experience!

This Cobra, Type 65, GT40, and self-proclaimed enthusiast automotive aficionado will certainly be back next year!
Old 06-25-2008, 07:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobra RMC 377ci Windsor, Harrison Daytona Coupe, Ford XC Coupe.
Not Ranked     
Default My First

I agree totally with this thread, my first visit from down under was fantastic,
the people, the event format and naturally the cars.

A big thankyou for all your email assistance (Brian and gang) for the right places to stay and eat.

STIFFY
Old 06-26-2008, 07:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 3489 372w supercharged
Not Ranked     

Stiffy,

I think you had more fun hanging out with our unruley croud. Again, another great time at the show, and kudos to the OCC guys for all the hard work they put into it. I just wish I were closer so I could help out more. My wife and I WILL be back next year, tearing it up at the track, and relaxing with friends at London.

See ya next year, Scott

Stiffy, I have quite a few pic's that I'll try to send to your e-mail address that you gave me.

FFR Daytona Coupe #273, 331 stroker