View Single Post
Old 07-06-2008, 03:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4788 with a Dawkins performance 490 ci iron genesis block hydrualic roller
Not Ranked     
Default guess who is getting a whole new motor :)/ :( ????

Quote:
Originally Posted by PANAVIA View Post
that is why we used head bolts on the last ERA we did. --studs are great but in these cars foot boxes are a bummer.

I have a feeling it is more than a head gasket. (i hope it s not).
Got it all together - took it to the gas station to fill it, got back in, large cloud of steam out of the same (driver's side) side pipe. Got it home - parked it, let it cool, restarted it - coolant coming out of the side pipe. Got help from a friend getting it out. # 7 had been chamfered into he water jacket. I could re-sleeve it, but I would rather start fresh. It took more than a month to get the genesis block from the supplier and I am still waiting for the rods, crank and pistons because another supplier sent the wrong ones and then had new ones made up after they were told to wait until we had the block in our hands because too many things had been screwed up already. I am going to have a large bore short stroke hydraulic roller 490 over square fe with a second generation genesis block. I don't EVER want to have to take this motor out of my cobra. I also got a letter from dmv telling me that they were going to cancel my registration (which is an sb100) because I had not insured the car. Luckily a "statment of fact" that the car is parked and not on a public road has made it so that it is just non-op for now. Wish me luck.
John(;-)
P.S. Just to give you an idea of my car karma, my 08 shelby gt mustang got bit on the nose by a tire (>$2,000 damage) whhile this was all going on and is in the body shop.