View Single Post
Old 07-19-2008, 09:46 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #2450, Roush 342RE
Not Ranked     
Default Looking For Cobra Owners in Grants Pass/Medford Area (Long)

I live in Grants Pass and have thoroughly enjoyed driving my Cobra. So far, I have driven a little over 3300 miles mostly on short drives.

About a year or so ago, I thought it would be neat if I could find more local Cobra owners who would have the time to grab some coffee during the week without having to drive 100 miles to get there, take occasional drives, kick tires and trade tips on our cars.

I formed the Southern Cobra Owners Association (No rules, No dues, Just fun) with the hope that getting out the word might accomplish some the above goals.

About a year ago, we had a get-to-gether at a local pizza place. It was terrific to see 12 Cobras and one GT-40 all lined up in the parking lot. Everyone was friendly and we had a good day. After that, we had several more ˝ day trips such as going to and entering a car show on the coast and taking a couple of hours to check out a local lake. We had a lot of fun boogying along back roads pushing our cars and making a lot of noise in the process.

Since then, everyone has pretty much gone their own way. Many work and don’t have time during the week. On the weekends, family, other hobbies, etc. takes up a lot of their time. Several of the group prefers tracking their cars rather than driving on the street. Others are also involved in other sports.

We are all busy during the summer (Especially in Oregon) so I understand committing time that you might not have however I figured that at least it’s worth a try to see if anyone hollers.

Bottom line…I’m trying to find out if there are any Cobra owners in the Grants Pass, Medford area that are interested in a weekly (Or whatever) coffee meet some time this summer. If that works out, maybe a few would be interested in exploring our area; some place where we can enjoy our cars as well as the scenery.

If you are interested…Please send me an e-mail.
Thanks, Ivan