Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > NW Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2008, 09:46 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #2450, Roush 342RE
Not Ranked     
Default Looking For Cobra Owners in Grants Pass/Medford Area (Long)

I live in Grants Pass and have thoroughly enjoyed driving my Cobra. So far, I have driven a little over 3300 miles mostly on short drives.

About a year or so ago, I thought it would be neat if I could find more local Cobra owners who would have the time to grab some coffee during the week without having to drive 100 miles to get there, take occasional drives, kick tires and trade tips on our cars.

I formed the Southern Cobra Owners Association (No rules, No dues, Just fun) with the hope that getting out the word might accomplish some the above goals.

About a year ago, we had a get-to-gether at a local pizza place. It was terrific to see 12 Cobras and one GT-40 all lined up in the parking lot. Everyone was friendly and we had a good day. After that, we had several more ˝ day trips such as going to and entering a car show on the coast and taking a couple of hours to check out a local lake. We had a lot of fun boogying along back roads pushing our cars and making a lot of noise in the process.

Since then, everyone has pretty much gone their own way. Many work and don’t have time during the week. On the weekends, family, other hobbies, etc. takes up a lot of their time. Several of the group prefers tracking their cars rather than driving on the street. Others are also involved in other sports.

We are all busy during the summer (Especially in Oregon) so I understand committing time that you might not have however I figured that at least it’s worth a try to see if anyone hollers.

Bottom line…I’m trying to find out if there are any Cobra owners in the Grants Pass, Medford area that are interested in a weekly (Or whatever) coffee meet some time this summer. If that works out, maybe a few would be interested in exploring our area; some place where we can enjoy our cars as well as the scenery.

If you are interested…Please send me an e-mail.
Thanks, Ivan
Old 07-24-2008, 07:20 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #684, 428 FE, TKO600
Not Ranked     

Ivan:
Seems to be a poor year for Cobras. Our activities here to the north (Cascade Cobras) has been really slow for some reason. Could be the long winter (read rain) lasting so far into what is normally the driving season. One club member checked and found that between last October and mid May there were a total of 10 clear dry days. Makes it kind of hard to build enthusiasm with those kind of numbers.
Maybe the rest of the season will improve.
DonC
Old 07-25-2008, 06:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B with Motorsport Crate 302
Not Ranked     
Default cascade cobras?

Don can you give me more info on cascade cobras club?
I just purchased my car and live in the Milwaukie/Gladstone area

Thanks, Jim
67 Mustang Coupe
63 T-bird Convert
47 Fordor Flathead
01 F350 Crew Cab V10
Old 07-27-2008, 10:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Grants Pass Back to the 50's roadster show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65cobra1 View Post
I live in Grants Pass and have thoroughly enjoyed driving my Cobra. So far, I have driven a little over 3300 miles mostly on short drives.

About a year or so ago, I thought it would be neat if I could find more local Cobra owners who would have the time to grab some coffee during the week without having to drive 100 miles to get there, take occasional drives, kick tires and trade tips on our cars.

I formed the Southern Cobra Owners Association (No rules, No dues, Just fun) with the hope that getting out the word might accomplish some the above goals.

About a year ago, we had a get-to-gether at a local pizza place. It was terrific to see 12 Cobras and one GT-40 all lined up in the parking lot. Everyone was friendly and we had a good day. After that, we had several more ˝ day trips such as going to and entering a car show on the coast and taking a couple of hours to check out a local lake. We had a lot of fun boogying along back roads pushing our cars and making a lot of noise in the process.

Since then, everyone has pretty much gone their own way. Many work and don’t have time during the week. On the weekends, family, other hobbies, etc. takes up a lot of their time. Several of the group prefers tracking their cars rather than driving on the street. Others are also involved in other sports.

We are all busy during the summer (Especially in Oregon) so I understand committing time that you might not have however I figured that at least it’s worth a try to see if anyone hollers.

Bottom line…I’m trying to find out if there are any Cobra owners in the Grants Pass, Medford area that are interested in a weekly (Or whatever) coffee meet some time this summer. If that works out, maybe a few would be interested in exploring our area; some place where we can enjoy our cars as well as the scenery.

If you are interested…Please send me an e-mail.
Thanks, Ivan
Hi Ivan. It was nice meeting you this weekend and I learned more about Cobra's than I expected. Like I said, I've owned my '89 GT for years and I've always had the intention of turning it into a doner car I've just never gotten around to making the investment. Perhaps I'll get re-motivated now that I've joined your Cobra club.

Thanks again,
Hank/Merlin OR
Old 07-31-2008, 10:17 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #684, 428 FE, TKO600
Not Ranked     

Jim:
Sorry to be so long getting back to you but I just got back from a thousand mile run in Colorado with the Denver club and then a 3-day coast to mountains run with Cascade Cobras.
Cascade Cobras is a group based primarily out of Portland but with members as far away as Corvallis. Most of the posting is done on the Factory Five Northwest forum at:
http://www.ffcobra.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=28
The club's web page is at:
http://www.cascadecobras.com/
Our next meeting is at the annual BBQ/Picnic and will be held in West Linn. If you're interested in meeting the folks come on over for it. Email me at CWILL1958@comcast.net and I'll get you the information on the location and cost for non-club members. Should only be a couple of bucks.
DonC
Old 08-01-2008, 12:01 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #2450, Roush 342RE
Not Ranked     

Hi Ivan. It was nice meeting you this weekend and I learned more about Cobra's than I expected. Like I said, I've owned my '89 GT for years and I've always had the intention of turning it into a doner car I've just never gotten around to making the investment. Perhaps I'll get re-motivated now that I've joined your Cobra club...Thanks again,
Hank/Merlin OR

Hi Hank,
It was a kick spending that time showing you my Cobra at the Back to the
50s car show...As Don said in an earlier post...Things are really slow regarding finding other owner to play with...

I have pretty much given up on the Southern Oregon Cobra Owners "Thing" due to a grand lack of response. I figured that I'd try for a year but the 12 owners that were at the first get-together, have a lot on their plate and don't seem to have time to meet for coffee on a regular basis.

I haven't totally given up but will concentrate on the Grants Pass, Merlin area to try and dig out other Cobras.

If you were at the Sat. night cruise, you would have seen three other Cobras. With the exception of one owner from Medford, the other owners just stash their cars away for another year. Hey! That's no fun!

I hope you follow through with your Cobra dream. If you want to take some time off work and ride out toward Murphy or Wimer in my Cobra, let me know...

Since you have a logging company and do a lot of your own mechanicals, you probably have all that you need, however, If you don't have a lift available, feel free to holler. You are welcome to use mine (Except for you logging trucks [;-} plus I'm an experienced parts gopher and have a relatively strong back for a Geezer.

By the way, thanks for your tip regarding Vic, my truck is now over at his place. I owe you one!

I'll send you a PM regarding further contact.
Regards, Ivan

Last edited by 65cobra1; 08-01-2008 at 12:09 AM..