View Single Post
Old 08-11-2008, 09:06 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Question

Don,

Do they also require the engine to pass the emission tests for that years set up? I know of one person here that used a 1969 block and he had to have the thermactor air cleaner plus a Carther Carb, I believe it was and it had to pass the emissions for that years engine. The referee here took the engine number year off the block stamp. Also there was some discussion about some Ford engines here with the referee about whether they were from automatic cars or manual transmissions. One kind required an air pump and the other didn't. And I do remember they blocked off the vacuum advance on his distributor and put a sign on the face of the speedometer that his vehicle wasn't to be driven over 60 MPH. Now I don't know if other places in the state are the same or not as they all seem to differ. And every other year he had to go through that until he finally sold the car and bought one with the SB-100 number.

Edit: Also no stroker would even be tested. They had to be completely stock except they would accept tube headers here at this referees.I don't know if the same aplies all over the state or not as it seems to change from location to location.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery

Last edited by Ron61; 08-11-2008 at 09:15 AM.. Reason: To add information