View Single Post
Old 08-23-2008, 10:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Some kind of FORD thingy, with several pis tins, twin chain driven SUs feeding a Y block, apparently.
Not Ranked     
Default track times

rebel1, ive just rebuilt the engine, the old engine had a flat tappert cam not suited to the 3500 stall [cam too big] but it managed a best of 11.1, 120 mph. most people make the mistake of thinking biggest cam possible is the best. the new engine has a comp cams solid roller a fair bit smaller, and some more head work, but its mated to make torque with the stall, its just been run in and nice and responsive but not been to the track yet. the cam is actually classed as a touring cam not a race roller.i think it will be a good all round engine as i dont have to rev it past 6200rpm. the computor software says if i can get it right on the night it should drop into the 10s. i hope to be semi retiring next year, buying a car trailer and towing the cobra south to meet some cobra club members and going on some club runs. i wanted the car tough but streetable, with the combo ive got i could easily stuff in a big solid race roller.4500 to 5000 stall, 950dp or better and make 650hp plus ,but not much good on the street. anyway nice talking and remember you only live once. regards tomcat