Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 08-23-2008, 07:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Some kind of FORD thingy, with several pis tins, twin chain driven SUs feeding a Y block, apparently.
Not Ranked     
Smile Gday All, New Club Cobra Member.

Ive Been Watching On The Sidelines For A While And Thought Its About Time I Joined In. Im A Member Of Qld Cobra Club Living In Mackay Qld, And Also A Member Of Mackay Rod And Custom Club. Cobras Are Thin On The Ground Up Here With Mine On The Road And 2 Others Under Construction That I Know Of. I Also Own A Xy Ford 347 Custom Ute That Ive Owned For 30 Years And Spent 11 Years On Full Restoration, God I Never Thought It Would Get Finished. I Couldnt Go Through Another Build Project So A Couple Of Years Ago I Bought A Going Concern Rmc Stroked 351 Windsor That Im Tinkering With [383cid] Very Streetable 540hp At The Crank With Fully Manualised C4 Auto. Im Primemarily Into Drag Racing As We Have An Exellent Strip At Palmyra Dragway, The Longest Club Owned Dragstrip In Australia [since 1968] The Only Regional Andra Sanctioned Strip In Aus, Anyway My Cobra Is An Absolute Weapon On The Streets And Its Interesting To Read About Anything Above 400hp Is Useless.anyway Times Up, Talk Soon, Regards Tom.
Old 08-23-2008, 08:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC under re-construction, GenIV with tremec 600, Jag 3.31 L/S diff
Not Ranked     

Tomcat...welcome to the madhouse. Good to see another RMC owner specially one with a stroked 351W....In my mind, the perfect engine for a cobra.

I don't think we said above 400rwhp was useless.....just comparatively costly and, I'm sure you'd agree, requires a degree of finesse with the right foot. It is the level at which I feel an average driver can handle reasonably well but still have a very responsive car. Above that I feel requires some "more experienced" expertise.

Tell us what your track times are.

Anyways...welcome again

Last edited by Rebel1; 08-23-2008 at 09:58 PM..
Old 08-23-2008, 10:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Some kind of FORD thingy, with several pis tins, twin chain driven SUs feeding a Y block, apparently.
Not Ranked     
Default track times

rebel1, ive just rebuilt the engine, the old engine had a flat tappert cam not suited to the 3500 stall [cam too big] but it managed a best of 11.1, 120 mph. most people make the mistake of thinking biggest cam possible is the best. the new engine has a comp cams solid roller a fair bit smaller, and some more head work, but its mated to make torque with the stall, its just been run in and nice and responsive but not been to the track yet. the cam is actually classed as a touring cam not a race roller.i think it will be a good all round engine as i dont have to rev it past 6200rpm. the computor software says if i can get it right on the night it should drop into the 10s. i hope to be semi retiring next year, buying a car trailer and towing the cobra south to meet some cobra club members and going on some club runs. i wanted the car tough but streetable, with the combo ive got i could easily stuff in a big solid race roller.4500 to 5000 stall, 950dp or better and make 650hp plus ,but not much good on the street. anyway nice talking and remember you only live once. regards tomcat
Old 08-23-2008, 11:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Wish I had my own PACE 427
Not Ranked     

Welcome to the forum Tom.

Sounds like you have a nice little engine package in that RMC.

Have you thought about making the trip down with the rest of us for the Cobra Nationals. It's a great trip, I wouldn't miss it for the world.

Otherwise, it will be great to catch up when you get that Cobra down to the south-east.
Old 08-24-2008, 12:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison # 80; Ford 5.0L HO Trickflow heads, cam and rockers and MassFlow EFI
Send a message via Skype™ to Merv and Sharon
Not Ranked     

Seems a nice well thought out car Tom. Will look forward to meeting you.

Best wishes,

Merv

Ford Cobra
Harrison #80.
Peregian Beach
Sunshine Coast Qld.
Old 08-24-2008, 02:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default nationals

well thanks merv and craig, i would love to come to the nationals, i got some emails from warren or someone in the club about it, when exactly are they on, i probably cant make it this year, but you never know. if i do, it will be without my car,so id feel a bit left out. do you know where they will be held next year, it would probably suit me better, cathy and i are itching to come down and participate and meet new friends. regards tom.
Old 08-24-2008, 04:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison#97 LS7 / T56
Not Ranked     

Hey Tom,

There will be another e-mail going out tonight or tomorrow, with all the details ( again)

Looks like we have approx 50 people going to the Nationals at this stage....
room for a few more though !

Welcome to the forum....good to see .

Regards,
Warren.
Old 08-24-2008, 01:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison #73 with an L76 6 litre CHEV, T56, 6SPEED,R32 Rear end.
Not Ranked     

Tom,

Welcome to the club. Great to see another regional Queenslander with a Cobra.

regards

Mick
Old 08-24-2008, 02:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     

Tom,

A big welcome.
KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026
Old 08-25-2008, 04:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wazza View Post
Hey Tom,

There will be another e-mail going out tonight or tomorrow, with all the details ( again)

Looks like we have approx 50 people going to the Nationals at this stage....
room for a few more though !

Welcome to the forum....good to see .

Regards,
Warren.
thanks warren, slept on it last night about going to the nationals, im keen to come but not sure how to do it, drive all the way, fly then hire a car or link up with you guys, whats a good option. regards tom
Old 09-03-2008, 02:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

hey guys, im coming to the nationals, cant wait, but without my car, it was craigs message that stirred me into action. ive got a mate who lives in canberra im going to fly there and he will drive me up to goulburn on the friday. cant wait to meet qld cobra club members and everyone else and check out some top machinery. seeya soon tom
Old 09-03-2008, 02:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Wish I had my own PACE 427
Not Ranked     

Great news Tom. Looking forward to catching up.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: