View Single Post
Old 09-11-2008, 01:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster with 427 center oiler
Not Ranked     
Default 2" collector pipes going from headers to sidepipes

It has been a while since I post here. I have a '92 CR cobra with a 427 center oiler. I am the original owner and got it on the road in '95. I am in the process of changing the sidepipes. The pipes on it now are the Arizona muffler glass pack type not the original restrictive pipes from CR. I changed them about 8 years ago. I think there is no glass left in them because they are quite loud now or maybe it is because I am over 60 now and the loud sidepipes don't appeal to me as much anymore. Anyway, I got some side pipes from an auction held at one of the spring flings a few years ago. They are the "spiral turbo sidepipes" from "turbospiralbaffles.com". Does anyone have any experience with these pipes eg loudness, good/bad sounding
I have the sidepipes and the 4 into 1 collectors but I need the 2" primary pipes that join the headers to the 4 in 1 collector. My original pipes have only 1 1/2" primary tubes so I can't cut the old pipes up and use the tubes. I will probably try to sell the old pipes to someone younger who likes loud pipes.
Does anyone know where I can get these 2" tubes mandrel bent on a 90 degree angle (two with a 3" radius and two with a 5" center line radius for each side. A radius of 4" and 6" will probably work as well.) I have googled "mandrel bending" and found a few shops but nobody has the dies for the two radii usually just the 3" or 4" radius. Attached is a pic of what I am making. Although, if you have a cobra you will know what I am talking about.

Thanks
Paul
Attached Images

Last edited by cobra427mnsi; 09-11-2008 at 01:14 PM..