View Single Post
Old 09-12-2008, 10:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by marky View Post
The Buck is moving again!

The reality is FFR will not put their hands in their pockets to fix their mistake, the expect Bilstein to do it. Bilstein only supplied the shock they were requested to...its not their problem.
I agree that FFR should be responding quicker and more positively to this problem as it's ultimately their responsibility. I also think they have every right to expect Bilstein to do more as well. I don't believe this is the result of a "poorly engineered front suspension". FFR sourced out the shock. They would have given Bilstein the specs and dimensions of the car and asked for an appropriate shock. They're not a bunch of inexperienced grad students and I doubt FFR just picked them from a list. If Bilstein didn't do their math, FFR could have received a less than adequate shock for the application. I've got over 60,000 miles on my ProShocks and no problems. So I guess the question would be.. Did FFR just go grab a shock off the shelf or did they request the right shock for their application and got something inferior. If you don't know the answer to this, then I would stick to holding FFR ultimately responsible and leave it at that.

Losing your job sucks BIG TIME. I would suggest working on all the other stuff you can that won't cost anything but your time. It sounds like you can build the entire car minus paint with what you have including the bad shocks as long as you don't drive it. You can easily swap out the shocks on a completed car. Just swap out the shocks for Konis when your financial position improves. If you sent Dave Smith a personal note to explain your current situation, I'm sure he'll honor the current Koni price to you within reason.

Last edited by TButtrick; 09-12-2008 at 04:59 PM.. Reason: Corrected shock name. not using QA1s but rather ProShocks