View Single Post
Old 10-13-2001, 11:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default good shops

while at the goodguys car show in pleasanton i was in the factory ford area looking at the crate motors when i heard a guy asking about a good holly carb tuner the factory rep said with out hesitation the best guy is a engine builder in suisun city named Tony Oddo at TOE preformance products I have driven by his shop and pesonally seen greg Pickkets racing van and Bill Elliots there too! I had never met the guy until last friday when my car had a slight miss in it i went down too see him .. What a cool guy he took me back in the shop and showed me around he said he has built close to 500 427's!!! on the bench was a boss hemi 429! next to it was a classic stock book with bobby allisons 1975 torino this was the actual engine! he he also showed me a number of other rare and high dollar power plants including a couple original cobra motors when i looked at his bench all the parts from a disasembled motor were arranged in perfect order as if to be on the cover of a hot rod magizine or somthing the guy isent a slam bammer his motors are all quality components
but hey the bottom line is YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR! by the way the 429 makes 650 hp!!! that would make your cobra coil up! if you would like to get a hold of him his shop # is 707 425 2996 bring a hankerchief you'll be drooling..