View Single Post
Old 09-22-2008, 08:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AC and Shelby American 427 Aluminum Shelby
Not Ranked     
Default Whats CSX1001 Value? (Your Opinion)

Hello, My name is Gary and a few years ago I was the lucky guy who won CSX1001 427 Semi Comp AC Cobra in the Shelby Childrens Foundation Raffle.

This Cobra is one of 13 Bodies made by AC in the CSX1000 Series and was Titled To Carroll Shelby prior to his donating it to the foundation for the raffle.

I am the second owner and still have Carroll's original title. It was made using the original wooden bucks at AC. then shipped to Shelby American for completion. Shelby installed the Aluminum 427 and completed the car in F1 red with white stripes. I have shown it by invitation as a feature car at a number of regional events and try to promote the Childrens foundation whenever it is displayed by displaying posterboards of the build and information concerning the the Shelby Childrens foundation.

Keep in mind when giving your estimate the limited production of the CSX1000 series, very few AC Cobras have actually been titled to Carroll Shelby. Original wooden buck production etc. Very Rare Car and beautiful!
What do you think the value of this Cobra might be?