View Single Post
Old 09-22-2008, 10:47 AM
Abnormal CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Don't think I'll be getting a Cobra for a long time... Do have '94 RX-7 R2.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcmgt View Post
The reincarnation of AC that made the 1000 series body/chassis did not use the original 427 bucks. Those bucks were long gone and Angliss made new ones in the 70's in order to make all the replacement panels and new cars from then on.
This is certainly debatable. Brian certainly started making replacement parts prior to getting officially involved with AC and had to make his own tooling to do so.

However, in an earlier thread, I mentioned that in an early SAAC magazine. AC while still under the Herlock's (sp?) ownership was offering to sell replacement bodies and chassis for a variety of Cobra body styles made from the original tooling. So in the late 1970's, AC still claimed to have the original tooling. And it was years later before Brian purchased equipment from AC. So it is possible that at some point Brian did acquire the original tooling. I'm not saying that he did, only that there is a possibility that he could have acquired it.

If I remember, I can scan the advertisement from the SAAC magazine after I get home.