View Single Post
Old 09-22-2008, 03:52 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Surge View Post
My opinion is that the car is worth in the $150k range. It's definitely worth more than a top notch alloy 4000 car, but not that much more. The "AC" tie-in is borderline comical given how far removed any form of the modern AC is from the Cobra's original roots. I do not believe the AC factor, or the CSX1000 series VIN give the car that much more value.

The source of the body bucks isn't that important to the value either. Even if they were the originals (which they were not), the value would have come from the original people pounding on them, not the bucks themselves. Heck, most original cars weren't shaped the same anyway.

CSX1001 definitely has a place in Continuation Cobra history, and it's a rare car for sure. I just don't feel it's extra attributes add all that much to the dollar value.

I would put the value of a CSX1000 series in between an alloy CSX4000 car and a McClusky Completion car.

Not often I agree 100% with Sal these days, but in this case just make it "X2"

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS